The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Question On Boss Micro Br With Band-in-a-box
Arthur Manning

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2009 11:11 am    

Has any one used BOSS MICRO BR with BAND-IN-A-BOX? If so would you PLEASE tell me if it's passable to hook-up to or from the Computer, Pedal Steel Guitar, Amp., Band-In-A-Box and the Boss Micro BR? Or what should be hooked-up together and how their cables are hooked up? I am somewhat new to the above and would appreciate any info you have. Thanks, Art M

GFI ULTRA, PEAVEY NV-112' BAND-IN-A-BOX OMNIPAK HARD DRIVE 2009.5, BOSS MICRO BR,and COMPUTER with Win. XP

Last edited by Arthur Manning on 19 Oct 2009 4:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Rick Campbell

Sneedville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2009 12:04 pm    

Arthur,

I looked at the specs for the Boss Micro BR and it appears to be very doable. Record your BIAB tracks to the Boss and then record your steel, etc... tracks. You can only record two tracks as a time, but you can play back four tracks.

As for getting the signal from the computer to the Boss, it's juat a matter of correct cables, adapters, etc... You'll probably end up at Radio Shack before it's over.

Have fun!

Smile

Arthur Manning

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2009 12:50 pm    

Thanks Rick for that info but I would like to find the best way to do the actual cable hook-up. I am open for any suggestions on this topic. Thanks again Art M

Rick Campbell

Sneedville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2009 6:14 pm    

Arthur,

It should be computer sound output to Boss input, and tell it which tracks to record on. Not being a smart a$$ but you'll need to read the manual. These things can be a bit confusing at first, but it will work. Smile

Arthur Manning

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 19 Oct 2009 4:35 am    

Thanks Rick, I haven't received the Boss Micro BR yet, it's coming the 23 and I always read the manuals on items that I buy. I'm sort of getting a head of my self with out the manual. My main objective on this subject is if some one out there HAS THIS SET-UP and willing to share it with me. Thanks AGAIN Rick, Art

Rick Campbell

Sneedville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 19 Oct 2009 4:55 am    

I've never done the Boss BR myself, but I've done many like it. The tricky part will not be the cable hook ups, it will be the software in the unit assigning the input to a certain track, etc.... that's where the manual comes in. I'm sure you'll go just fine. I love new toys! Smile