The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Song list
David Sanderson

Mayfield , Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 22 Aug 2009 5:05 am    

How do I clean up song list? I have a lot of the same songs multiple times on the song list.Connot get new songs added to list.It's full.9999 songs on list.
David

Gary Baker

Charlotte, North Carolina
Post  Posted 22 Aug 2009 6:05 am     Re: Song list

David Sanderson wrote:
How do I clean up song list? I have a lot of the same songs multiple times on the song list.Connot get new songs added to list.It's full.9999 songs on list.
David

First a question . . . . are to speaking about the list when you click on the [SONG] button or the list when you click on the [F] button to get your "favorite" list. When I know which list I think I can help.

Bo

David Sanderson

Mayfield , Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 22 Aug 2009 6:36 am     Song list

When you click on song & get list.
David

Gary Baker

Charlotte, North Carolina
Post  Posted 22 Aug 2009 8:19 am     Re: Song list

David Sanderson wrote:
When you click on song & get list.
David

David, I believe you will find that BIAB defaults to C:\BB for listing all your song files. This file has a total capacity of 9,999 files as you have discovered.

However, looking at the bottom mid-right for the "SONG LIST" window (what you get when you click on the [SONG] button, you will see the word File and an option button to "change". Clicking on that will take you to other folders which have the ability to hold up to 9,999 files each.

What I suggest is that you bunch your songs into some type of category that makes sence to you and create a file under c:\BB for each category.

BIAB defaults on this SONG window to show all "sub-folders" which will show all songs starting at the default. There is a check box to eliminate this option if you wish. There is also a check box to set any Folder as the default. I'd leave this as COh Well\bb if that is your main folder.

Then, you can create a "Favorites" file with the ones you use most often as a "short cut".

It does create an extra step for loading your files but it is the only way I know of to have more than 9,999 files show up under this option.

Once you have all your Folders and sub-Folders as you like them run a "ReBuild List" in order to see all of them.

As for duplicate songs. Are you sure they are the same song? If you have downloaded other's songs with the same name it may be yours and "their's". Only way to know is to load them in BIAB, play them and compare. If they are the same, delete one as you would any file. {My Computer > File > Delete.}If they are different, rename one of them as you would any other file. {My computer > File > Rename}
Hope this helps.

Bo