The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Masonic brethren, my lodge has been devastated
Jody Sanders

Magnolia,Texas, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 9 Jul 2009 1:33 pm    

Bro. Herb, Glad to hear that peace and harmony is abound in your lodge. It is very good to hear of the young men going thru the process of the making of Masons. Jody.

Tommy Shown

Denham Springs, La.
Post  Posted 9 Jul 2009 2:08 pm    

Herb, my dad was a Mason. And I have a good friend in Baton Rouge that is in the lodge there. Every December around Christmas the lodge would put together a dinner for the widows, and he would call me to place music with him and a couple of his lodge brothers. My dad was also a shriner with the Shrine lodge out of Ashland, Ky. and a Knight Templar. In fact my dad was in the Oriental Band with Shriners. He played the musette. I used to go watch him in the parades they marched in. He would wear those funny looking shoes with the curled up toes. My thoughts and prayers go out to you. Infact when my dad died back in '95, the local lodge did their service at his wake. It was very interesting. I also have several friends on mine that are with the local constabulary in Baton Rouge that are members of the fine organization.
Tommy Shown

Tony Russell

North of England
Post  Posted 17 Jul 2009 5:44 am    

Herb - Amen to all said, kind and fraternal regards from UK.
Tony. (Vanbrugh 8412, Eng.Const + St.Ebbe 70, Scot.Const.)

Ron Elliott

Madison, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 3 Aug 2009 5:12 am     8-03-2009

Bro.Herb, So sorry to hear of your(our)loss. The Brotherhood cries at the loss of even one,..but to have a loss in number is truly devestating.We truly feel your pain as We pray for all concerned.
So Mote It Be
Ron Elliott, 32 & Shriner

Stephen Gambrell

Over there
Post  Posted 3 Aug 2009 6:19 am    

I am proud of all my Brothers, but my Brothers on the Forum, make me especially proud of our Craft.
So mote it be,
Steve Gambrell
Ware Shoals #306, F.&A.M.

Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 3 Aug 2009 9:50 am    

Guys, thanks for all your well-wishes.

The historian of our lodge... we have an historic lodge as Onion Creek 220 was chartered in 1858... often Googles the lodge name to see what, if anything, was written about us. At our last stated meeting he came up to me and said this thread came up in his latest search. He thanked me for posting what I've posted, and expressed surprise at the number of Masonic steel guitarists from around the country who shared their condolences with us.

"You guys have a nice, friendly forum" he said, and I mentioned that peace and harmony, being the chief strength... well, never mind... y'all knowwhutahmean. Wink

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?