The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Ultra Pak
Ken Lang

Simi Valley, Ca
Post  Posted 21 Jul 2009 4:56 pm    

Been debating about getting the BIAB Ultra pak that comes with a 500GB drive.

BIAB seems to have the rule that it is to be used on one computer only. Next year I will be dividing my time between California and New york, about 6 months at each place. While I suppose I could dedicate my laptop as (the) computer, I would rather have a desktop in both places and plug into those. I have no interest in taking a desktop back and forth.

Anyone have any experience using two computers?

Gary Baker

Charlotte, North Carolina
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2009 4:32 am     Re: Ultra Pak

Ken Lang wrote:
Been debating about getting the BIAB Ultra pak that comes with a 500GB drive.

BIAB seems to have the rule that it is to be used on one computer only. Next year I will be dividing my time between California and New york, about 6 months at each place. While I suppose I could dedicate my laptop as (the) computer, I would rather have a desktop in both places and plug into those. I have no interest in taking a desktop back and forth.

Anyone have any experience using two computers?

Ken you can check with PGMUSIC but most software developers (not Microsoft) will let you have their software on two computers so long as they are both your personal PC and at different locations. i.e. home and beach house.

I would suggest that you get the USB soft drive with everything loaded. It's a great value and the softdrive can fit in your back picket. Just take it with you and you will have your files whereever you do.

My suggestion would be to buy a second softdrive (USB connection)to hold all your personal songs (assuming you have a lot of them) and just keep the software on the dirve they send you.

If you do that you will need to make a change as to were BIAB looks for songs in the Preferences Section. Let me know if you need help with that. Easy but you have to know where to look.

The latest version 2009 is a feature rich program and will give you many hours of enjoyment.

Blessings, Gary "Bo" Baker

Ken Lang

Simi Valley, Ca
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2009 7:45 am    

Thanks Gary. I will check with PG when I get ready to buy. The extra drive for the songs is a good idea as well. I have 3 external drives at present. One for working files and 2 for backup. That works great. My desktop is down at the moment, so I just plug the external into my laptop and I'm good to go.
Ken