The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Michael Jackson dies
Don McClellan

California/Thailand
Post  Posted 26 Jun 2009 6:06 pm    

Michael Jackson, one of the greatest entertainers of all time, has died. He had heart problems. R.I.P.
Michael Jackson was a victim of our extremely corrupt main stream media. He was used as a "distraction story" to keep the American public focused on unimportant things and not interested in, or even aware of, the important things we need to know. Just like Anna Nicole Smith, Paris Hilton, Brittany Spears, Barry Bonds, O J Simpson, etc. The list goes on and on. But none of them were as badly abused by our government's media as Michael Jackson was. He was not a child molester. That's just another bold faced, media fabrication.
With all the truth available on the internet (about many things) how could anyone still listen to and believe the disgusting and pathetic main stream news?
He had his troubles but he never deserved to be so badly raped by our "media".
Thanks, Don McClellan

Donna Dodd

Acworth, Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 26 Jun 2009 8:07 pm    

I believe bob meant this section to be a place to pay our respects to those who have passed on.

I appreciate Michael Jackson's many musical contributions, and pray for his family and friends at this difficult time.
- from movie Six Degrees of Separation

Come visit my steel guitar store on CafePress! http://www.cafepress.com/zoomwithaview
Webmaster, http://www.georgiasteelguitar.com

Doug Beaumier

Northampton, MA
Post  Posted 26 Jun 2009 9:29 pm    

Calvin,

Try to find some humanity within yourself. Can't you find anything positive to say about a man on the day he dies? Wouldn't you want others to look for the Good in your life when you pass on? Your hateful comments about Michael Jackson here and in other posts show that you have NO understanding of his life's work and the impact he had on millions of people around the world. His music was about love and understanding and uniting the world, and millions of people connected with that... yet you choose to focus on the Negative. It's sad to see and it’s an embarrassment to this Music forum. Try to rise above it.

Paul Graupp

Macon Ga USA
Post  Posted 27 Jun 2009 3:58 am    

Years ago, I would have jumped on this in a heartbeat. But then life taught me a few more lessons I had not yet learned about living and dying and I can see the change in myself. It is something we all have to learn and then life goes away forever. I no longer can afford to waste what little time I have left on hate and pain. It is truly a lost highway for anyone to follow. You have to forget and it is a hugh load off of your back when you have moved forward in such a manner. Judge not lest you be judged...

Regards, Paul

Don McClellan

California/Thailand
Post  Posted 27 Jun 2009 8:12 am    

Great post Paul. Thanks, Don

Terry Barnett

Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
Post  Posted 27 Jun 2009 10:39 am    

I'll echo that sentiment, Don...Great post Paul. I hope Calvin can simply look away from these posts because they seem to be so provocative to him. Please Calvin, allow the folks who wish to mourn Michael Jackson that privillage and don't read these posts. You really don't need the headache. I've read all the posts so far and we all know your feelings. Personally I have no clue about what Michael Jackson may or may not have done but I do know how much it takes to conceive of a musical idea and bring it to completion and at the level that he did...so consistently... it's amazing to me. On one of the other threads someone posted Roger Ebert's thoughts. Very well put...Calvin I hope you gave it a look. Maybe it'll give you a slightly different perspective.

Cliff Kane

the late great golden state
Post  Posted 27 Jun 2009 11:47 am    

I think the mix of reactions to MJ is interesting. When I think of MJ the first things that come to my mind are "Off the Wall" and "Thriller" and his genius. For some the first things that seem to come to mind are the allegations and the media monster and media freakshows. The same test could be done with many greats and geniuses (granted none of them received the media attention that MJ does): Spade Cooley, Stan Getz, Pablo Picasso, Ezra Pound, Burroughs, Ginsberg, etc. etc., people who in some cases arguably hurt people beyond what MJ is alleged to have done. So, when those names come up what are the first things that come to mind? what do you remember them for and do you revere their merit? If the reactions vary for different artists, what does this reveal? Is it tastes, prejudices, too much TV?

Willis Vanderberg

Petoskey Mi
Post  Posted 27 Jun 2009 4:48 pm    

I have found, in my 76 years, it isn't what people know about you that hurts, it's what they think they know. Allegations are just that, and no more.

Dean Salisbury

New York, USA
Post  Posted 27 Jun 2009 6:28 pm     legally

MJ was found not guilty and even though a person may disagree. Those that do did not sit in the trial nor as a juror so what do they know? NOTHING! I don't know where anyone is from who responded negatively towards MJ. But if you live in the United States we are to presume everyone is innocent until he or she has been proved to be guilty by his or her peers! For those that want to make their own judgment may at some point be the judged!

MJ was no doubt a genious as he kept on the charts for some 40 years. Where have you been on the charts? One does not have to judge ones personal life to understand how much of a genius he was! Furthermore, none of us are saints and we all have our faults. That does not mean that we should not be forgiven or that we cannot look at the good in others!

All of us need forgiving! My mother like other mothers use to tell me if you cannot say something nice about someone don't say anything at all and you never disrespect the passing of one.

May MJ rest in peace

Joey Ace

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 27 Jun 2009 6:31 pm    

Calvin,

Reread Donna's Post Above.

She's exactly right. Show some respect for this Forum and the volunteers that bring it to you.

If you can't do that you shouldn't be here.

No reply wanted. Stay on the subject. RIP MJ.

Dean Salisbury

New York, USA
Post  Posted 28 Jun 2009 3:59 am     Some should eat a little CROW!

Well after some people have big mouths and over load their ass with B.S. some people just have to eat a little bit of crow! That's why people who voice their own opinions in stead of the verdict given by a jury should just let said verdicts stand unquestioned! because no one really knows the real truth of guilt of a person. Lives can be ruined and have been ruined!

go to this URL and read it:

http://trashselector.com/evan-chandler-i-lied-for-my-father-im-sorry-michael/

Again Calvin none of us really know or will know the truth. But to slander a person just because of your own opinion is wrong! I really wonder what you have in your closet. I have found that those that cast the first stone usually doesn't know what they are talking about, but just has a big mouth wanting to be heard!

none of us are perfect and I'm sure your not either!

Walter Stettner

Vienna, Austria
Post  Posted 28 Jun 2009 6:20 am    

Back to the topic.

He was a great entertainer, he influenced and inspired millions of people and was one of the all time greats who will still be remembered when many others will already be forgotten. There are those who love him and those who don't, but this is not the proper time and place to argue about this. If one takes the opportunity to misuse these sad days to start ranting about the negative sides (we all have have some, don't you think?) it shows a lot about his own personality problems.

RIP, Michael Jackson

Kind Regards, Walter

Frank Estes

Huntsville, AL
Post  Posted 28 Jun 2009 6:24 am    

I have taken the time to remember him with these music videos of 2 of his songs. It brings a smile to our lips. I am sure he would want that!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyfcOriVKBM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqz1ojIQTBk

b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 28 Jun 2009 7:35 am    

Donna Dodd wrote:
I believe bob meant this section to be a place to pay our respects to those who have passed on.

I appreciate Michael Jackson's many musical contributions, and pray for his family and friends at this difficult time.

I removed some posts to try to bring this topic back to the tone we've come to expect from Gone Home. But then I realized that the controversy was beyond anything that mere editing could repair. Don set it up for discord with his references to media rape, child molestation and government collusion.

I've closed this. Since none of us knew Michael Jackson personally, none of us are qualified to make statements pro or con regarding his personality. Politically-charged opinions are also out of place. You can speculate all you want on your Facebook page or on other forums, but the SGF's Gone Home section is not the place to argue about the nature of celebrity in today's world.

Just to be clear, I'm not defending Michael Jackson. I didn't know him. I'm defending Gone Home.