The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  BIAB audio disappeard
Lee Brideau

Nashville,TN
Post  Posted 21 May 2009 3:47 am    

For some strange reason I've lost the audio on my biab. I have audio on everything else (real player etc). Looking in my biab manual it talks about the midi output driver. I've searched my computer and can't find anything about it. I went as far as removing and re-installing the biab and still nothing. Anyone got any ideas for a guy who still thinks a computer is just a typewriter in front of a tv. Thanks...Lee

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 21 May 2009 4:06 am    

BIAB uses MIDI to generate it's audio. The MIDI in turn "feeds" your sound card. Check the MIDI setup in BIAB and you should probably have an option for the Microsoft GS Wavetable MIDI Synth. Make sure that is selected, under "Opt" in BIAB.

John Gould

Houston, TX Now in Cleveland TX
Post  Posted 21 May 2009 7:31 am    

BIAB also will use a virtual sound generator like VSC from Roland and some versions of BIAB come with VSC and in your BIAB setup you select it as the Midi output driver. That is located under the opt. drop down menu.
Good Luck

Ken Lang

Simi Valley, Ca
Post  Posted 21 May 2009 6:32 pm    

This is kinda related. I use DXi for BIAB and Microsoft GS for Cakewalk. BIAB works fine but now when I midi out to Cakewalk I have to go to sounds and audio devices and turn up the midi synth again.

Something is shutting down the Microsoft synth while the DXi is playing. Didn't used to do that. Ideas?

Actually I'd like to use the DXi for Cakewalk as well but can't seem to find how to do that.

Robert Tripp

Mesa, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 21 May 2009 8:28 pm    

It may be your sound card Ken. If you are using a pci card it will have it's own settings, If you are using realtec or something built into the mother board, you can probably only run one midi program at a time without interfering with the routing within the realtec board.

http://www.reverbnation.com/roberttrippgospel

I might be a beginner now, but someday I'm gonna steel the show.

Bo Legg

Post  Posted 27 May 2009 1:11 am    

I have sound blaster and sometimes when I play audio in another program the SW Synth gets reset to zero. Since other the programs are using wav files you won't notice the Synth is at zero. Anytime I lose my audio in BIAB that was the problem. I just open the volume control panel and tweak the synth slider back up to taste.