The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  "Bill Simmons Celebration Tribute"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ts McDonald

Arlington, Texas USA
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2009 9:25 pm    

Ladies and Gentlemen, please find “Attached” several “Jpegs” of the “Program” for our “Dear Friend” Bishop Bill Simmons Celebration Tribute held on Thursday, 16 Apr 2009, @ The Guiding Light Church in Birmingham Alabama. For those of you that have always “Kindly Joked with “The Bishop” about not actually believing that he was married, as no one actually had seen his wife, well, you may View “Joyce” in the attached “Jpegs”. It was indeed a “Beautiful Service” from every aspect for those who attended this “Celebration for Bishop Simmons”. We all know and feel that this “Event” was not “Needed nor Wanted” by any of his “Friends or Family”, but “God has called him “Home”, and we must accept “That” as “The Greatest Calling” of all. All of the Church members, Bishop Lowe, his Sister, Liria Jordan, and all of the congregation were absolutely most kind and generous with their heartfelt love and admiration of and for Bill Simmons, his family, and friends in attendance. Bill’s Father and Mother, Rick and Lil, his sister, Darlene, her daughter, her husband, Paul, Bill’s sons, Jason, Shane, Landon and grandsons are such a pleasure to know and be associated with. A “Special Job Superbly Done” by Russ Hicks, Pat Coyne, Jim Hartley, LJ Lundstrom for their absolutely “Beautiful Music” performed for “Bishop Simmons”. Russ Hicks, you were absolutely fantastic and, so in sync with your heartfelt emotions, as it could not have been performed better by anyone with your talent of “Steel Guitar Playing”. And as you know, Bishop Lowe commented about the beautiful steel guitar music being performed, and how he wished Bill Simmons had let them all hear this beautiful instrument more often. The two guys, Don and I forget his name, please excuse, from the “Alabama Steel Guitar Association”, thanks to you also for lending your “Talents” to this “Tribute. Also, the friend of “Lil’s, and the Lady” from the Church who also sang. I know that we will always remember this “Celebration Tribute for Bill Simmons”. For all of you “Sho~Bud Guys”, and “LDG”, please note “Bishop Simmons” first Name is “Spelled with two [ LL’s]”!!!!!!! Thanks, and it was great meeting all of the “Alabama Gang”. “Doc” send me the “Info” about CQ10 with Ubiquinol” that you like!!!!!!

Ts McDonald

Ts

"History does not entrust the Care of Freedom to the Weak or Timid" [DDE]

Charlie Tryon

Glovertown Newfoundland, Canada
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2009 5:35 pm    

Just wanted to say that my wife and I went to Alabama for Bills memorial service and I wanted to let everyone know that it was truly a wonderful service. I was very tastefully done and it was not an event of sadness but in fact an event that enabled all who attended to reflect on the life he led as well as Bills sense of humor and an event for all those people that had the opportunity to experience that love, humor and passion that Bill had.

Thank you to all who organized it ,I am sure that Bill was very proud of it as he looked down from above.

Charlie