The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This forum section is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. What should I anticipate for Labor Day Weekend?
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  What should I anticipate for Labor Day Weekend?
Oldon Burgdorf

Hohenwald,TN, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 21 Aug 2008 5:30 pm    

Evenin' all,

I'm a new member here as of today though I've been an occasional forum lurker here for a long time. For as long as I've known about the ISGC I've wanted to go but life kept getting in the way Sad . But... this is my year!! Very Happy I've read the schedule Scotty posted but was wondering just what to expect when we get there as far as what else is going on besides the main shows. I've waited a long time for this opportunity (I'm 72) and want to make the most of the trip. Thanks!!

Ol' Don

Mullen G2, Peavey Nashville 112 & 1000 and a few gadgets. Only a fellow musician would understand the need for more goodies.

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 21 Aug 2008 5:46 pm    

Oh, you'll have a great time, like a kid in a candy store. There will be instrument exhibits all over, CDs of all kinds of steel guitar music and supplies for sale, people jamming in side rooms, meeting your favorite steel players, and the greatest-show-on-earth happening on the main stage. Plus special side-shows devoted to Hawaiian steel guitar and to Jazz.

Relax and have fun. Don't try to be "too efficient" at it. You can't miss.

Bob Blair

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Post  Posted 21 Aug 2008 7:59 pm    

I first attended in 99 as I recall, and have been back several times though not for awhile. This year, despite escalating demands on my time, I'm planning on being there again. Like Jim said, it is kind of a candy store, but more than that it is a place to meet a bunch of great people, in an environment where you don't really have to worry about anything but enjoying yourself - no grass to mow, no groceries to buy, none of the usual stuff. So you can just hang out, talk steel, listen to great players, try out any equipment that catches your eye. Whatever. I have made some lifelong friends at the convention.

Rose Peters

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 22 Aug 2008 2:59 am    

Check your email

Dennis Detweiler

Solon, Iowa, US
Post  Posted 22 Aug 2008 3:45 am    

Devil Rose!!??
1976 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics 427 pickup, 1975 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics X-12 pickup, Boss 59 Fender pedal for preamp, NDR-5 Atlantic Delay & Reverb, two Quilter 201 amps, 2- 12" Eminence EPS-12C speakers, ShoBud Pedal, 1949 Epiphone D-8. Revelation preamp into a Crown XLS 1002 power amp.

Oldon Burgdorf

Hohenwald,TN, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 22 Aug 2008 4:28 am    

Dennis Detweiler wrote:
Devil Rose!!??

Was in reference to an off-list e-note to me Winking

Mullen G2, Peavey Nashville 112 & 1000 and a few gadgets. Only a fellow musician would understand the need for more goodies.

Bobby Caldwell

St. Louis, Missouri, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 22 Aug 2008 8:11 am    

Oldon, As staff guitarist for ISGC I would just like to welcome you to St. Louis. You'll have the time of your life I'm sure. Please flag me down and say "HI". The only down side of the show is you may get a sore hand from shaking so many others. Hope you have a great time and we are always glad to welcome new friends. My Best, Bobby

Dennis Detweiler

Solon, Iowa, US
Post  Posted 22 Aug 2008 3:57 pm    

Oldon, I've known Rose and Johnny for quite a while. I just have to give her a jab once in a while Smile Great people!
And Johnny is a fine steel player! Rose a fine roadie! Smile
1976 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics 427 pickup, 1975 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics X-12 pickup, Boss 59 Fender pedal for preamp, NDR-5 Atlantic Delay & Reverb, two Quilter 201 amps, 2- 12" Eminence EPS-12C speakers, ShoBud Pedal, 1949 Epiphone D-8. Revelation preamp into a Crown XLS 1002 power amp.

Last edited by Dennis Detweiler on 23 Aug 2008 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Rose Peters

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 23 Aug 2008 10:42 am     Dennis

Thank you for the kind words see you in St Louis