The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  BRONSON Singing Electric (Valco/National) Lap Steel
Ben Elder

La Crescenta, California, USA
Post  Posted 23 Jun 2008 7:45 am    

I found this Bronson Singing Electric (here in the MidSouthWest where my family still lives) and have now decided to keep a near identical one and sell this one. (The one I'm selling here has a slightly better case; this is the main difference between the two.) This is a 1951 model (serial number X11##) in excellent condition, except for replaced tone and volume knobs. The original cream pointer knobs have been replaced with repro amber tinted speed knobs, the style common to early '50s Gibsons. Steel has Amphenol screw-on connector (common National/Valco feature; adapters can be found). Original gold-plated single-line Klusons with translucent/gold-sparkle (!) knobs. Gold plating on other parts is good--not perfect, a little faded on v/t knob plates. Blue MOTS is still in good shape and vivid in color. Case is (dusty) green tweed with clear handle--aged, but solid condition. A few months back when I bought these, I did test them in store and they sounded fine, but with the passage of time and because I'm not Amphenol-connector-equipped where I'm visiting, I'm going to sell these as-is. That said, I don't anticipate that you'll have a problem.

Because I don't have my usual computer and photo-editing software, I've uploaded these pics directly from my camera CF card to eBay. With luck they should enlarge sufficiently to show you the detail I'd otherwise edit and crop to try to display. I sold an impossibly-clean one of these on eBay for $450 a few months back. (The buyer raved that it was his best eBay transaction ever.)

$325 shipped to the lower 48-but act today 6/23 or I'll have already shipped it back home to CA. Gotta be PayPal. ($300 + actual shipping elsewhere.)

I'll go by the order of emails received at weissenben (AT) earthlink (DOT) net (same address as using SGF link).

[/img]

Alan Kirk

Paso Robles, CA, USA
Post  Posted 23 Jun 2008 8:40 am    

These are great guitars, a cut above the average supro-style lap steel. I have one. Love it. I'd buy this one (they've gone for more on eBay) if I had the money.

Ben Elder

La Crescenta, California, USA
Post  Posted 23 Jun 2008 8:59 pm    

Sending 'em on ahead to SoCal and home.

Please close.