The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Emmons on Craigslist - Grass Valley, CA
Joseph Carlson

Grass Valley, California, USA
Post  Posted 23 Jun 2008 10:45 am    

I don't know anything about this. Just saw it on Craigslist. Might be a good deal for someone:

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/msg/724793687.html

Bent Romnes

London,Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 23 Jun 2008 11:20 am    

Strange..2 pedals.
I emailed for more info

chris ivey

california (deceased)
Post  Posted 23 Jun 2008 11:50 am    

probly a 'lil buddy'..worth that much or less....

if it turns out to be a pro model..there will be pieces missing!

Bent Romnes

London,Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 23 Jun 2008 5:16 pm    

Here's the reply I got from him:

It is a 10 string and was no doubt originally three and had levers. I got it several years ago with two pedals, no levers and it was tuned to an open G. I learned it by ear that way and could never play it tuned the way they come from the factory. It is a walnut formica and chrome in beautiful. Stays in tune forever, and I suppose it can also be tuned to E9th, have no idea. It cries beautifully, and is easy to play in the open configutration.
I woill set it up for phots before I relist it because I have had over 25 inquiries and they all want photos.
Larry

Al Vesel

Chisholm, Minnesota, USA
Post  Posted 23 Jun 2008 10:33 pm     Emmons on Craigs list

Bent,
I got the identical same response.

Al Vesel
Emmons LeGrande SKH D-10 - WALKER STEREO STEEL AMP w JBL ENCLOSURES & TC ELECTRONICS M-ONE XL PROCESSOR, HILTON VP,FURMAN POWER CONDITIONER, SARNO's Steel Guitar BLACK BOX,BJS,ToneMaster bars,FENDER Strat, FENDER & Ovation acoustic's

Bent Romnes

London,Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 24 Jun 2008 2:41 pm    

Al, intersting. Form letter huh?
Anyway, the guy emailed me just now with more info. Pics should be up on cragslist shortly. He sent them all to me and from whatI can see: The 2 pedals are original Emmons and the guitar is a pro model, not a lil Buddy. Looks like there's room for one more pedal. I asked him some more ques. Here's the email I sent him:
Took these a couple minutes ago and will ge tthem out. Did not clean or polish and she will clean up better. She is beautiful under stage lighting.
Larry

Larry,
Thanks for pics.
Couple questions:
I'd appreciate pics of the underside too...So I could have seen if there is hook-up for knee levers..and if so, how many. Should be possibility for at least 4 levers.

Does it come with the original case? This is a hard case with lid and latches. Also, does it come with the vinyl leg- and pedal rod bag?

Pickup looks iffy: Magnets under string 5 and 8 are discolored (rusty?) Please test the magnets by gauging the pull on a thin steel rod, to see if the pull is even on all 10 magnets. Then, with the amp hooked up to the steel, leaving the vol ped in the same position, pick each string with the same force to see if the iffy magnets generate the same loudness as the good ones.

Also, if you would estimate the shipping from you to postal code N5Y1V6, Ontario Canada.
Thanks!
Bent