The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  WTB: Fender Pedal Steel Guitar...
Dennis Olearchik

Newtown, PA
Post  Posted 18 May 2008 10:42 am    

I'm looking for a 400, 800, 1000 or 2000 that's in mint condition.

I have no problem selling the guitar back to you for your selling price, if I should ever decide or need to sell it. I'm NOT looking to turn the guitar around for a profit.

Please send pics and your price to:

olearchik at comcast dot net

i'm trying to avoid spammers so please remember to replace the "at" with a "@" and the "dot" with a "." Wink

Thank you very much!

Last edited by Dennis Olearchik on 23 May 2008 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ron !

Post  Posted 18 May 2008 1:08 pm    

Scoot on over to Flea-Bay....there's a nice 2000 for sale.

Right here

Dennis Olearchik

Newtown, PA
Post  Posted 18 May 2008 1:30 pm    

Hi Ron, I would rather buy a guitar from a Forum Member. Thanks for watching-out for me though!

Al Vesel

Chisholm, Minnesota, USA
Post  Posted 18 May 2008 1:30 pm     Fender 2000

Dennis,
The other one that is listed as a 2000 is the newer style Fender. They listed it as a 2000, but to tell you the truth, I don't know what model number that is. Maybe the newer style 2000?? I think you are looking for this style Fender 2000 below. It is the one that falls into the same category as the 400, 800, and 1000. It has the Curly Chalker set up. The one on Ebay is not cable driven, but rod driven and is Fender's attempt to make a rod driven steel. Pedal 10 is not hooked up but I have all hardware for it and extra cable. It has just a few minor scuffs. All in all its a beauty for it's age. Has the original 2 piece case, one case for the guitar body and one for the pedal rack. I was just getting ready to list this. I will email you the specs, etc. This one is in great shape.
TXS

Al Vesel
alvesel@mchsi.com

Emmons LeGrande SKH D-10 - WALKER STEREO STEEL AMP w JBL ENCLOSURES & TC ELECTRONICS M-ONE XL PROCESSOR, HILTON VP,FURMAN POWER CONDITIONER, SARNO's Steel Guitar BLACK BOX,BJS,ToneMaster bars,FENDER Strat, FENDER & Ovation acoustic's

Chris LeDrew

Canada
Post  Posted 18 May 2008 3:06 pm    

The one on Ebay is a Fender Artist Pro, made by Sho~Bud in 1976. It has a Superpro undercarriage. In fact, these guitars ushered in the pot metal era. They made these in 3+4 S10 and 8+4 D10 configurations, as well as a 3+1 black student model. It was a totally different beast than the cable guitars, although they do have a bit of that Fender zing due to the pickups. I played a mahogany S10 one time, and it sounded good but was really light and unstable. I hear the D10 models are great.

From the unofficial 'Bud site:

FENDER/SHO-BUD
In the early 1970's the Fender Guitar Company contracted Sho-Bud to produce a Fender/Sho-Bud pedal steel. This model and the Super Pro were very similar in design except for the body and the key head. The undercarriage was basically the same as used on the future Super Pro. These Fender/Sho-Bud pedal steels had the ash tray Fender style keyhead. The changer used was a triple raise-double lower, and was similar to the Super Pro changer. Other then the changer and undercarriage, this model had a look that was different then the regular Sho-Buds.

Last edited by Chris LeDrew on 18 May 2008 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 18 May 2008 3:09 pm     Re: WTB: Mint Fender Pedal Steeel Guitar...

Dennis Olearchik wrote:
I'm looking for a mint(y) cosmetic and mechanical 400, 800, 1000 or 2000.

I didn't realize they came in mint. What other flavors were there?

Keith Cordell

San Diego
Post  Posted 18 May 2008 9:29 pm    

They say that the licorice ones have the tone...

Dennis Olearchik

Newtown, PA
Post  Posted 26 May 2008 12:36 pm    

ttt