The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Country Music Jamboree In Fremont Neb
Bob Coombes

Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2002 11:13 am    

This is being held at the Christenson Field Facility located on the west side of Fremont Neb on the 26-27-28-29 of Sept 02 The folks putting this on welcomes all pickers and country music fans to come out and have a good old time with them. If you have any questions about RV,Camper reservations and facilites available along with flea market and concession space availability still left give Frank or Pat Bigelow a call at (712) 545-9131 or Bob Widick (712) 484-3916. Hope to see you there.

Bob

Steve Hellerich

Canon City, CO USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2002 12:01 pm    

Hey Bob
I lived in Omaha for 45 years, Wish I good be there. If you see Mel Worley say howdie for me. He is the one who got me interested in steel guitar way back when. And I mean way back when. Best Wishes!!!! Steve...

------------------

Chuck S. Lettes

Denver, Colorado
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2002 12:25 pm    

Hey Steve,
Mel also got me going on the steel. I used to go to the Walking Cane club to hear Mel with the Berry Brothers. That definitely goes back a few years.
Chuck

Bill Plemmons

Simpsonville, SC
Post  Posted 19 Sep 2002 6:25 am    

I moved from Omaha this summer after 30 years. Sure miss the place and friends. Mel Worley and Frank Bigelow are good friends of mine. I wish I could be there for Frank's festival. Chuck I remember you from the "Sour Mash" days and the Howard Street Tavern In fact it was Mel who invited me to to go see you guys. It was good to visit with you in Saluda. Hope to see you back sometime.