The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Gerry Walker Stereo Amp
Jr. Martin

Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 22 Dec 2007 8:43 am    

Unit is 4 years old. This amplifier is in excellent condition. The box it sits in was built my me. Comes with the power amp, digitech studio quad 4 processor, and two 15" JBL speakers(with speaker cables)(with built in powerstrip in the amp box.) One of the speaker cabinets has a small hole in the Grill. I put some tape on the top of it to save my presets. When I took the tape off the "stereo" decal came off. This is really the best sound I ever had. Its just too many pieces to carry it around. Very Happy Mr. Green

Price= $1250.00
plus the actual cost of shipping.

I can be contacted on the forum,by email(jrmartin@cox.net), or you can call my shop at 337-232-4001.

David Higginbotham

Lake Charles, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 22 Dec 2007 6:12 pm    

Guys, I have played through this setup several times and it sounds fantastic! Junior keeps immaculate condition of all of his equipment.

He is also one of the finest players I know and is one of my all time favorites. He is the reason I started playing and set the standard for many of the players in our area to follow!

He is also a master craftsman in woodworking. I suggest you visit his site to learn more.
http://martinaccordions.com/

Merry Christmas,
Dave

Daniel J. Cormier

Lake Charles, LA, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2008 10:03 am     Stereo Steel

Great rig,Great price, Great guy to deal with.

Lyle Bradford

Gilbert WV USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2008 10:13 am    

You have email

Marty Broussard

Broussard, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 3 Jan 2008 10:43 am    

Ditto what Danny said!!

Buck Grantham

Denham Springs, LA. USA
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2008 5:10 pm     Junior

Junior Martin is a straight up guy and he takes good care of his equipment . Thats a real good price on that amp... Buck Grantham

Jr. Martin

Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2008 11:02 am    

Hi Buck
Thanks for the kind words. I almost feel like I am going backward with my tone by getting rid of this setup. This is truly the best sound I ever had.

Hope to see you and Mitz soon.

Marty Broussard

Broussard, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2008 6:37 pm    

Hey Junior, Have you considered building an amp cabinet and mounting the Digitech,Stereo Steel and one of the 15" speakers? Then when you want to play in stereo you just bring the other cabinet. As great a craftsman as you are you could build it. Frankly, I have been thinking about doing this with mine. I might even switch from 15" speakers to (2)12" and try to mount it all in one cabinet. I'm thinking about gutting one of my other amplifiers and use it instead of building a cabinet. The new Black Widows are supposed to be so light that the whole rig may not weigh more than 50 to 60 pounds. I am still checking on all of this--in between work, the kids, etc..but I am seriously considering it. The biggest challenge I would have is building it and doing it as well as you could. I'll probably hire someone to build it for me if it's as reasonable as gutting the other amplifier. Just some thoughts. I hope you and Patsy are doing well. Best regards, Marty Broussard

"Technique is really the elimination of the unnecessary..it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to achieve the smooth flow of energy and intent" Yehudi Menuhin

Jr. Martin

Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 16 Jan 2008 12:03 pm     not for sale

I have decided not to sell this amp. Thanks