The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  virtual steel...with gliss??!!
Terry Edwards

Florida... livin' on spongecake...
Post  Posted 18 Dec 2007 5:53 pm    

From BIAB (Band-In-A-Box)PGA Music website plug for new PC version of BIAB 08. RealTracks is a feature of this new product.

Quote:
About RealTracks...

“brilliant !”, “I'm awestruck.”, “the pedal steel is a thing of wonder”, “stunning”, “about 5 million times better than any midi implementation I've heard.”, “I must say, the pedal steel is perhaps the greatest accomplishment in the history of this brilliant program. I've been using it in a Hank Williams country shuffle style, with guitar, piano and fiddle, and even in swing grooves, the pedal steel blends in like a champ -the glisses, and volume pedal blurring any trace of 'groove' -just some emotional heights.”, “awesome addition.”, “the arpeggio harmonics are amazing and so tasteful.”, “It's stunning”

It won't be long now folks. Steel guitarists are only a mouse click away.

They'll never, I repeat NEVER!!... be able to capture the brilliant and sometimes sheer genius mistakes I often add to my performances.

I've been known to kickoff a song in the wrong key even after I've been told to right key.

Let's see a computer do that!

Terry

Randy Reeves

LaCrosse, Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 19 Dec 2007 4:56 am    

yes, I cock my eye when I hear the term 'humanizer' in descriptions of vst instruments.

I have about a hundred mega bytes of humanizer in my playing.

Bill Hatcher

Atlanta Ga. USA
Post  Posted 20 Dec 2007 4:34 pm    

Here is link to the samples for this. Actually they do not sound bad for what they are. For someone who is doing a simple song demo they would be very usable.

From what I read in the promo, you just add the chords to the song and tell the program to play some steel licks. These are samples of real players playing.

http://www.pgmusic.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?at=0&Number=156967&an=0&page=0#Post156967

Bob Martin

Madison Tn
Post  Posted 24 Dec 2007 11:16 am    

Well in my opinion the steel samples are much better than the guitar samples. The sax samples sounded the best to me with the steel coming in 2nd.

Of course the real drums has made the biggest difference in my opinion just due to the high quality it gives the songs.

Bob

richard burton

Britain
Post  Posted 24 Dec 2007 1:46 pm    

I've been playing 25 years, and those steel samples are 100% better than my playing.

No picks hitting the strings, no volume pedal accidentally momentarily backing off when the strings are picked, perfect pitch.....

The tone is not to my taste, but it is the tone that most people favour.

In the words of Private Fraser, of the classic British comedy 'Dads Army':

We're doomed......doomed I tell ya.....doomed Sad