The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  July Meeting of The Southeast Texas Steel Guitar Club
Jody Sanders

Magnolia,Texas, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 23 Jul 2001 7:58 pm    

The July meeting was awesome. Bob Kindy from The Music Center welcomed everyone to the show. A great traditional country opening by The High Stakes Band. Gene, Ronnie , Rusty, and Jody on steel guitar. Robin Mims did a great performance with Johnny Walker on vocals. Jody Cameron followed with a superb performance with Jeff Chance on vocals. Then the fireworks started. Jody, Robin, Jody C., Janet Lynn, Randy Herndon, and Cameron Parsons butted heads on everything from swing to country for about an hour. WOW, what a show. A big thanks to Jim Wise for doing a great job at the sound booth. Due to the St. Louis show coming up, we will not have an August meeting. The Sept. meeting will feature Junior Knight with a seminar and concert. Make plans to come. See you down the road. Jody.

Jody Cameron

Angleton, TX,, USA
Post  Posted 24 Jul 2001 9:09 am    

J.B., I sure had a great time and met some great new folks. Looking forward to Jr.'s show in Sept. Next time, don't let Jan Lynn pick a song...she killed us all with "Orange Blossom Special". Now who in their right mind would pick that one? Brain damage.

[This message was edited by Jody Cameron on 24 July 2001 at 10:10 AM.]

Cameron Parsons

Angleton, Texas
Post  Posted 24 Jul 2001 12:53 pm    

I agree with Jody Cameron. I felt as if I was suffering from brain damage when I played my ride on "Orange Blossom Special." I am definitely a bit inhibited when a room full of steel players is watching me. However, I had a great time and really enjoyed everyone's playing. I'm looking forward to hearing Junior Knight at the next meeting.

[This message was edited by Cameron Parsons on 24 July 2001 at 01:54 PM.]

Jody Sanders

Magnolia,Texas, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 24 Jul 2001 3:24 pm    

Thanks guys, A good time was had by all. See you down the road. Jody. PS I hate "Orange Blossom Special".