The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Hearts Of Space CD release
Bruce Kaphan

Fremont, California, USA
Post  Posted 13 Nov 2000 8:33 pm    

Hi,

Hearts Of Space Records has just released my first solo CD, "Slider". It's a pedal steel centric, all instrumental album, presenting the steel in some unusual settings. Most tracks have more than one steel track- with C6 against E9, interesting signal processing, midi'd steel, tabla and loops, and a little bit of head bowing to Brian Eno, Ry Cooder, Ali Akbar Khan, and many of the exalted pedal steel masters- some of my favorites include Buddy Charleton, John Hughey and Lloyd Green. You can check out audio snippets and/or purchase the album at the Hearts Of Space website- www.hos.com. My past credits include membership in the band American Music Club and either recording, touring or TV dates with David Byrne, Jewel, REM, The Black Crowes, Jellyfish, Chris Isaak, and many others. My website is under construction at this time, but eventually it will include my discography, audio snippets from film scores I've written, and other goodies.

Greg Simmons

where the buffalo (used to) roam AND the Mojave
Post  Posted 13 Nov 2000 10:53 pm    

Bruce;

I had a look at the site a couple weeks ago and the mp3 samples of the tunes are great; only thing is that international shipping via air mail for the disc is ridiculous, something like $15. There's another thread on this on the Forum but maybe you could sell copies through the Forum for a little less exorbitant shipping than the HOS folks.

Congrats on a fine album

------------------
Greg Simmons
Custodian of the Official Sho~Bud Pedal Steel Guitar Website
shobud.cjb.net

Bobby Lee

Cloverdale, California, USA
Post  Posted 14 Nov 2000 1:04 pm    

I've been talking to Hearts Of Space, but we haven't been able to strike up a deal as yet. It's a great CD, and I really want to add it to the Forum catalog, but don't hold your breath. I think they want to be the sole source of it for a while.

It's really beautiful music, though, and it's very different from the typical steel guitar album. I think that most people will like it a lot.