The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  transfer
Lavelle Pierce

huntsvile,ar 72740
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2006 1:11 pm    

i want a question. i have a E-machine t2482it is 80gb something went wrong. i have a lots songs and pictures . i now have a e machine W3503 it is 160gb.question can i put parts from one to the other. thanks
. Shocked

Wiz Feinberg

Mid-Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2006 2:03 pm     Re: transfer

Lavelle Pierce wrote:
i want a question. i have a E-machine t2482it is 80gb something went wrong. i have a lots songs and pictures . i now have a e machine W3503 it is 160gb.question can i put parts from one to the other. thanks
. :shock:

Lavelle;
You can take the old hard drive out of the old computer, assuming nothing is wrong with it, and add it as a slave drive to the new computer. This requires

1: an empty hard drive space in the rack inside the case
2: an IDE hard drive cable with two connectors, or if SATA drives, the SATA connector from the old computer must go onto the second SATA connector on the Motherboard.
3: You must jumper the old drive to the Slave jumper position and the new drive must be jumpered as Master.
4: it gets more complex if the old drive is P-IDE and the new one is SATA technology. Then you will have to setup the proper boot sequence in the BIOS.

If there are any viruses or other hostile programs residing on the old drive they could be reactivated if you inadvertently double click on them.
Main web pages: Wiztunes Steel Guitar website | Wiz's Security Blog | My Webmaster Services | Wiz's Security Blog

Lavelle Pierce

huntsvile,ar 72740
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2006 5:42 pm     reply

iam lost on comp words what mean jumper and what means slave jumper can you explane . i put the the old harddrive in new one and pluged both cables then i put the old memory in new one and it fit and pluged then i hooked it up and it said a lots things i dont understand , it still did work. i unpluged all old and it worked good on new one . i was putting something in comp and could not delete it . i tried so much i think i burnt mb and maby powers suply. thanks i have read a lots about , i bought a new one . thanks help Laughing