The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Steel Guitar Chat Room Learning Session
Ray Walker

Smithfield, NC, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 2 Oct 2006 4:50 am    

Once again we have a night set aside for all members to pick up some great tips from a Pro Player who's been there and done that. Jerry Brightman has agreed to come into the room this Wednesday night at 8:00 Eastern time and share some great tips on his techniques for recording or simply playing behind the singer. He will be showing us how to better use the pedals and knee levers to accomplish some of the things we try to do with picking individual notes. Also he will give up info on other techniques he uses when backing the vocalist...so if you are ready to get some great tips and help open your mind to some really great stuff...plan on joining us there this Wednesday night. This is a members only event. If you would like to become a member of this organization simply e-mail me for the info.

As for the members... you already know what's at the Steal Guitar Chat Room and I look forward to seeing you all there.

Ray Walker

Al Marcus

Cedar Springs,MI USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 2 Oct 2006 7:03 pm    

Ray-thanks for posting. I hope to be there, and say hi to Jerry and all the guys....al

------------------
My Website..... www.cmedic.net/~almarcus/

graham rodger

Scotland
Post  Posted 3 Oct 2006 5:18 am    

whats the url for the chatroom,thanks graham?

Don Poland

Hanover, PA.
Post  Posted 3 Oct 2006 8:37 am    

Steel Guitar Chat Room

------------------
1974 MSA D10 Classic 8+5, Matchbox 7A, Digitech Gen3, Nashville 112
If you ain't steelin' it, you ain't feelin' it !!

www.steelin4fun.com

donpoland@steelin4fundotcom

[This message was edited by Don Poland on 04 October 2006 at 07:29 AM.]

Joseph V. Sapp

eastern shore, Md.
Post  Posted 3 Oct 2006 2:59 pm    

Guys:

Dont want to miss this one,,,its gonna be a barn burner. God Bless

Joe

graham rodger

Scotland
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2006 12:59 pm    

i have registered with this chat room but am waiting on an email to receive a password in order to go there and listen to tonights show,anyone know the owner who can email me and give me a password,b4 tonight..please?
thanks graham

Ray Walker

Post  Posted 4 Oct 2006 2:15 pm    

We have received numerous requests from folks to be a registered member over the past several days and many of them especially today. We welcome new members and look forward to good fellowship and fun with all of you. Please go to the link for the room....then please "read" the page and follow the instructions and you will have no problems. Once you have sent the donation simply click on "new user" and things are automatically taken over from there.

I would also like to remind everyone that although some of you would like to get in at the last minute...that may or may not happen depending on how quickly the request is processed. In the immediate instance of the session we are having tonight...it is a members only event, and many are trying to get in for the session before completing the few minor steps.

Link to Room http://steelguitars.ivocalize.net/

Once again, we welcome you to our community and look forward to many years of friendships and fun together.

Regards,

Ray Walker and Staff
The Steel Guitar Chat Room

[This message was edited by Ray Walker on 04 October 2006 at 03:16 PM.]

Don Poland

Hanover, PA.
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2006 6:01 pm    

WOW...amazing teaching session by Jerry Brightman this evening. 10:00 Eastern and still going strong

I want to thank Jerry for taking his time and doing this session for all of us, even though he was sick. We had dang near 50 people in there at one time soakin in all that Jerry could teach us.

------------------
1974 MSA D10 Classic 8+5, Matchbox 7A, Digitech Gen3, Nashville 112
If you ain't steelin' it, you ain't feelin' it !!

www.steelin4fun.com

donpoland@steelin4fundotcom

[This message was edited by Don Poland on 04 October 2006 at 07:03 PM.]

Fred Shannon

Rocking "S" Ranch, Comancheria, Texas, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2006 6:58 pm    

To those who were in the chat room tonight: wouldn't it have been great if all the younger players would have had a chance to get in on this one? What a great presentation from Mr. Brightman, and so informative.

Phred

------------------
"From Truth, Justice is Born"--Quanah Parker-1904

Ray Walker

Post  Posted 4 Oct 2006 7:02 pm    

I will second that Don and Fred.....what a great session it turned out to be. Lots of great questions and so many live playing examples given by Jerry. We had folks in from all over the world and after taking a survey it's a fact that we will be doing a lot of these in the coming months.

If you are not a member and would like to be...see the previous post here on this thread and sign up. I just read a lot of e-mails about folks who wanted to get in at the last minute and was unable to. We do a lot of prep work before these sessions and there simply isn't any time at all to address things like e-mails and such. There will be many other sessions coming soon and they will basicly span every aspect of steel guitar from start to finish. From novice to advanced players. Keep an eye out for these events and don't wait to become a member. The fact is that we talk about techniques and styles all the time in the room and we also trade a lot of licks and war stories. It's not just about the sessions that we have pros doing. It's just a lot of fun and a great place to hang out in your spare time and chat with friends and meet new ones. Again a big THANK YOU JERRY BRIGHTMAN" for such a great session tonight.

God Bless,

Ray Walker

[This message was edited by Ray Walker on 04 October 2006 at 08:03 PM.]

[This message was edited by Ray Walker on 05 October 2006 at 05:28 AM.]

graham rodger

Scotland
Post  Posted 5 Oct 2006 6:09 am    

I was there.It was fabulous,thanks for your help Ray

Al Marcus

Cedar Springs,MI USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 5 Oct 2006 7:12 am    

I will say that Jerry really did a great job, not only E9 teaching for new players but a good refresher for other players.

He also gave some very good tips on bar handling, volume pedal, etc.from his vast experience playing Pedal Steel. Thanks Jerry for your time and effort.....al

------------------
My Website..... www.cmedic.net/~almarcus/

Jerry Brightman

Ohio
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2006 9:25 am    

Thanks for having me in the chatroom. I hope I was able to share some ideas and all who attended was able to take something with them to help them become a better player.

Best regards,

Jerry
http://www.slidestation.com