The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Steel Guitar Chat Room/Sweeney's CD Debute Party
Ray Walker

Smithfield, NC, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 21 Mar 2006 4:33 am    

It's turning into a fun party night in the Steel Guitar Chat Room for Mike Sweeney's release of his newest CD "Heart Of Steel" and what a CD it is. Co-Produced with the great Randy Beavers, this CD has got it all. E9th/C6th and tone to the bone. Come join in the fun. We will be playing cuts from the new album and all the guys and gals will be there. There will be a special that night for everyone who attends. Mike has generously offered to include a "free tracks CD with your order for this new CD for anyone in the room that night who asks for "the Steel Guitar Room special" Simply include the request on a note in the PayPal you send or a small note with the check you send if you decide to send payment via snail mail. You must include the note. We will also hold an "open house" that night so that anyone who would like to visit and see what all the fun is about can do so simply by coming to http://steelguitars.ivocalize.net/
Then type in your fist and last name. Your password "for that night only" will be

If you have never been to the site before you will need to install the program when asked. This is a short program that makes it all work on your PC and it takes maybe 5 seconds. Then come on in and see what all the fuss is about. Once inside you will be able to listen to the music...talk either with your PC microphone or type in a conversation. This is a family oriented site and profanity and bad behavior won't be tolerated. Please be respectful and relax and enjoy talking to your friends and some of your steel guitar "heros" as well.
This will be an exclusive night with Mike's new recording and all of you who would like the CD and use PayPal can be assured that your CD will go out the next day as your payment is recieved. Again...don't forget to request the Steel Guitar Room Special "in writing" and receive a free tracks CD with your order. This will be a great night to see what we do here in the Steel Guitar Room and you will see why it has become the number one "live" meeting place of it's kind anywhere in the world for steel players and listeners. Then...if you would like to become a member, we will be happy to help you along. Also you may e-mail me at rwalker5@nc.rr.com or Don Poland at donpoland@steelin4fun.com and we will be happy to assist you.

The date is MARCH 28TH at 9:00 EASTERN TIME.

Thanks

Ray Walker
Steel Guitar Room
Walker Seats

Mike Sweeney

Nashville,TN,USA
Post  Posted 21 Mar 2006 10:19 am    

I'm really excited about this c.d. and I'm equally as excited about this room. It is a great place. Just one week away. Please come by and join us.

Mike

Howard Tate

Leesville, Louisiana, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 22 Mar 2006 2:37 am    

Mike is really an excellent player, and a pleasure to talk to in the chat room. This is going to be one of my favorite cds.

------------------
Howard

Fred Shannon

Rocking "S" Ranch, Comancheria, Texas, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 22 Mar 2006 5:58 am    

Well, I've heard 'samples' of what's on the disc in the chat room. If what I heard is an example of Sweeney's playing, then this will have to be classified as "one of the best, if not the best" effort he's done so far. A super player and a finer gentleman can't be found IMHO. A Killer, and with Randy Beavers co-producing, I betcha this one's gonna' sell out quick. Glad my copy has been reserved.
Phred

------------------
"From Truth, Justice is Born"--Quanah Parker-1904

Ray Walker

Post  Posted 23 Mar 2006 4:28 am    

Well from all the calls and e-mails I have been getting it looks like we are going to run "over Capacity" in the room that night...If so, we are prepared to expand the capacity on demand so that everyone who wants to come in can get in that night. Again let me emphasis that on Tuesday night the 28th, the CD will be officially released and anyone "asking in writing" for the chat room special when purchasing this CD will also recieve "free of Charge" a set of the tracks for this CD. I also want to point out something for all you folks who are not members of this room. We have been listening to cuts off this CD directly from Mike at least three weeks in advance of this release. It's one of the benefits of being a member. Tuesday night, however, will be a night where guests can come in free and see what fun we have in there. I went into the room the other night and Mike McGee was showing licks to a group and demonstrating and explaining what he was doing. What the heck!!!! New CD's....hot licks given...great conversation and friendships developing.....no where else in the world will you see a room like this. Come on in Tuesday night and join in the fun and then if you want to be a part of this community we will show you how to do it. We're talking 5 bucks folks...sheeesh. If you would like to become a member now you need only e-mail me for the details. In the meantime..."everyone" is invited to the show Tuesday night and it's "FREE"

Ray Walker
Steel Guitar Chat Room

Ray Walker

Post  Posted 26 Mar 2006 1:52 pm    

up

Ray Walker

Post  Posted 27 Mar 2006 12:55 pm    

anyone who would like to come in and enjoy a great steel guitar evening with great music and conversation and never spend a penny for gas or even leave your home...shoot me an e-mail and I will show you how. Tomorrow night is free to guests so come on out.

Ray Walker

Mike Sweeney

Nashville,TN,USA
Post  Posted 28 Mar 2006 9:47 am    

Come and stop by..We're gonna have a blast.

Gary Shepherd

Fox, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2006 1:28 pm    

I keep getting an "Unable to connect" error. 10054.

What to do?

------------------
Gary Shepherd

Carter D-10

www.16tracks.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Gary Shepherd

Fox, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2006 1:30 pm    

I downloaded and reinstalled the software. Seems to have fixed the problem.

------------------
Gary Shepherd

Carter D-10

www.16tracks.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger