The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Important Announcement/Steel Guitar Chat Room
Ray Walker

Smithfield, NC, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 14 Feb 2006 4:49 am    

As many of you know already, we have undergone some changes in the Steel Guitar Chat Room at www.sweetsouthernsounds.com. Over the past year we have had many pros com into the room on special nights for question and answer sessions with the folks. The participation has been much larger than we had expected and most of those who have been to these "sessions" have asked for more. The format has changed a bit and on Feb 28th, Mike Sweeney will be back by popular demand but this time it will be a full blown session where he wil discuss styles...technique....tone...voicing...etc etc. He will actually be playing and demonstrating "live" how he accomplishes what he does.
Room capacity is LIMITED and to insure everyone who wants to come in that night has an equal chance to... we had to come up with a list. If you would like to be on the list you must e-mail me as soon as possible so that I can add you to the list. This is a "free" night to come and get a bunch of great tips and I too want to participate and listen in so it would be helpful to get that list up now and not on show night. Just e-mail me or Don Poland with your first and last name. We will confirm receipt of your e-mail and you will then be able to come and enjoy the room in it's entirety.

We are working hard to make this the meeting place for all steel guitar players to include non-pedal players, but right now we are simply trying to be fair to everyone due to our limited capacity.

Ray Walker
Steel Guitar Chat Room

rwalker5@nc.rr.com
donpoland@steelin4fun.com

Pete Walthall

Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 14 Feb 2006 3:10 pm    

RAY I WOULD LIKE TO GET IN THE ROOM ON FEB, 28TH, FOR MIKE ,

Don Poland

Hanover, PA.
Post  Posted 14 Feb 2006 6:03 pm    

I think there is a mis-understanding about "the list". What Ray was saying is that there are quite a few folks that have routinely joined us in the Steel Chat Room and have already been listed as previous users. Those wanting to attend the 28th session and have NOT been to the room before, need to send an email to myself or Ray to get your name added to the list so that you will be able to enter the room for the show. Hope to see all of you there, it's gonna be a blast!!!

------------------
1974 MSA D10 Classic 8+5, Goodrich Matchbox 7A, Digitech Genesis 3, Peavey Nashville 112
If you ain't steelin' it, you ain't feelin' it !!

www.steelin4fun.com

donpoland@steelin4fundotcom

Al Marcus

Cedar Springs,MI USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2006 6:31 pm    

Don-I hope to remember this one. I'll be sure and mark it on my calender. They are sure interesting....al

------------------
My Website..... www.cmedic.net/~almarcus/