The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Mike Sigler Tears Up The Chatroom !
John P. Phillips

Folkston, Ga. U.S.A., R.I.P.
Post  Posted 6 Dec 2005 8:51 pm    

Man if you weren't tunes in to the steel guitar chatroom tonight, you missed the show of a lifetime. Mike was on hand and spent over 3 1/2 hours in the room,. He answered any and all questions we threw at him and dempnstrated thing you could only imagine on a steel guitar. This, IMHO was the best seminar yet to date and it seems like it's just getting bigger and better. At 11:15 PM we still had better than 60 people still in the chatroom. That fact alone tells the story of how poipular the seminars are getting. These guys are some of the most humble and giving that you'll ever find. Thanks Mike for helping to make our chatroom so popular.

------------------
JUST 'CAUSE I STEEL, DON'T MAKE ME A THIEF www.geocities.com/squire592001/jason.html

[This message was edited by John P.Phillips on 06 December 2005 at 09:08 PM.]

Farris Currie

Ona, Florida, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 6 Dec 2005 9:00 pm    

I can't say enough about the Chat Room,and MIKE SIGLER, I never heard such a down to earth man. He explained so clear,and played so smooth.I just signed off at MIDNITE,and there were still 42 on there.
Thanks for ALL the information MIKE.
GOD BLESS
farris

Jerry Roller

Van Buren, Arkansas USA
Post  Posted 6 Dec 2005 9:53 pm    

I just now signed off at 11:50 Central time and Mike was still playing Silent Night. It was a great evening. We had over 60 on the site most of the evening. What a great job Mike did. This is one of the greatest things to come along for steel players to get together.
Jerry

Rick Troyer

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 7 Dec 2005 5:07 am    

Wow! Great session last night. I logged on after 10 pm and there were 83 people tuned in. Mike did a great job as he does with everything he does . Much thanks and appreciation to the guys who made it possible . Keep up the good work . Rick

Mike Sigler

Give Em A Try !
Post  Posted 7 Dec 2005 6:38 am    

Guys
Just a quick thank you for letting me be apart of the chatroom, i had a great time and hope to pick up were we left off some time in the future... Again Thank You!
Mike Sigler

Dick Wood

Springtown Texas, USA
Post  Posted 7 Dec 2005 7:13 am    

Mike, last year you were in town at the steel guitar show and Dick McVey came to see our band for possible future management.

Dick said you and he were old pals and that he was trying to get you to come to the club that night after your show. I just want to say thanks for not showing up after hearing you play last night.

You are one heck of a great steel player.

------------------
Cops aren't paid much so I steel at night.

Tommy Minniear

Logansport, Indiana
Post  Posted 7 Dec 2005 7:50 am    

As mentioned repeatedly above, Mike did a great job on the Question & Answer session in the chat room last nite! He played his GFI keyless and it sounded mighty fine. Mike's playing reflects a very soulful feeling on the slower material and on-fire fast/clean execution of the uptempo material! Here is a link to Mike's website:
http://www.freewebs.com/sigler10/

Check it out. He seems like a nice guy and is a great player with some CD's available that I intend to add to my collection.

Tommy Minniear

Hook Moore

South Charleston,West Virginia
Post  Posted 7 Dec 2005 11:25 am    

I wish when I was first learning steel guitar, I had learning tools like this chat room and and opportuninty to ask great players " how did you do that". I still pick up new ideas with every guest player I have seen in this room. Unless you already know everything you want to know you should drop in and check it out. Newbies, this is a great opportunity.
Hook

------------------
www.HookMoore.com

pdl20

Benton, Ar . USA,
Post  Posted 7 Dec 2005 8:14 pm    

Thanks Mike for the great job you did and to make yourself accessable to us pickers and giving us much needed inside tricks and new ideas on playing.You Da Man.God Bless

------------------
Rudy