The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Steel Needed in Tulsa, OK
David Kurrasch

Royse City, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2006 10:24 am    

I am posting this for some good friends who have just started a new band. These are pros who have worked with top name acts, but are looking to stay closer to home:

Working country dance band in Northeastern Oklahoma (Tulsa) looking to add a steel player to the lineup. 10% Classic Country, 10% Current Country, 10% Western Swing, 10% Originals, 60% Country Dance music from the mid 70's-Early 90's. This is a professional, rehearsed band playing mainly weekends throughout Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas, and North Texas. Ability and desire to learn parts "correctly" is a must! We hold ourselves to a higher standard above most "weekend warriors" so if you're tired of playing the same 3 chord songs every night and would like raise the bar, you could be our guy. Please visit our website at www.deuceeleven.com for more information. Reply to jshannonfarmer@gmail.com with any questions or interest.

Larry King

Watts, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2006 4:58 pm    

David....I would call Marty Neer...good player and a great guy. Coffeyville, Ks

Danny Naccarato

Burleson, Texas
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2006 1:26 pm    

Hey David,

Why isn't Shannon playing steel also They hung with all of us when we played Vegas during the NFR (Johnny Lee) in '04 and we watched their (Ricochet) show a few times. Shannon is way talented on several instruments and did a fine job on steel as well. I know you've worked with Kelli a bunch as well, with Johnny. I don't know the other folks in the band, but with Kelli and Shannon, it's gotta be a killer band. Someone up in those parts should jump on quick.... JMHO

Danny