The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  CD's recorded
Marty Broussard

Broussard, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2004 2:50 pm    

Hi folks,
On a thread in another part of the forum David Higginbotham said some kind things about my playing on a CD I recorded earlier this year and suggested that I provide some info about it and others so here it goes. BTW, I'm not in the business of selling CD's so I'll try to provide the means by which you can get the two listed:

First: artist is Wayne Toups entitled "Whoever Said It Was Easy" on Shanachie Label. I can't find a product number on the jacket--sorry. It was released this past May. If you go to www.waynetoups.com you can inquire and/or get a link to a source. The CD has 10 songs and there's steel on approx. 5 if memory serves me well. I can only describe the CD as having a different genre on each song. Wayne is most known for starting the high energy Cajun genre known as "ZydeCajun." He's had about 12 successful albums and he invited his mentor--Delbert McClinton to sing on the title cut.

Secondly: Title is "Cajun Pickin" originally recorded on Lanor Label--product #CD-1025. I think it was released around the mid 90's. It was a "fun project" where a group of local guys went into the studio when they were available. Most of them where road players for the likes of Conway Twitty, Tracy Byrd, Mark Chesnutt, and Merle Haggard. I was fortunate enough to be invited to play on it. I had previously quit the music stuff,so I borrowed my steel that I'd sold and cut my parts. I heard that it may not be available anymore---might have to check ebay,etc.

If you purchase one of the above I hope you feel like you got your money's worth. I will attest that there are some world-class musicians doing some bang-up guitar, keyboard, drumming, bass, cajun accordian, fiddle, and vocal work on both of them.
Best regards, Marty Broussard