The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Clyde Mattocks New CD w/tracks WOW
Skip Mertz

N.C. (deceased)
Post  Posted 12 Jul 2004 9:18 am    

Just got my copy of Clyde Mattocks' NEW CD and R/Ts. First rate quality!
Clyde has been around the NC area a long time and has played with many of the greats over the yrs and it sure shows in his mature and tasteful playing style. There are a great selection of tunes you wont find on many other steel recordings inc. a Ralph Mooney tune from the Slick Slidin' album, a cpl original tunes, Buck Owens "In the Palm of Your Hand" featuring one of the best bass players and singers I've ever heard(sounds like Don and Buck)or Haggard or Clinton Gregory, etc.!, Cowboy Rides Away,Whoevers in New Englad(Reba)just a great grouping and tracks to die for. They're only $25 for the pr., CD and R/Ts, or $16.50 for just CD,and that includes S/H to your door in lower 48! Order yours from Clyde at 1-252-523-4404 or E-mail me skipmertz@yahoo.com TODAY!

[This message was edited by SKIP MERTZ on 12 July 2004 at 10:31 AM.]

Palmer

New Bern,NC,USA
Post  Posted 12 Jul 2004 11:55 am    

Got mine yesterday. Really is some great stuff. Jack.

Ken Latchum

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 15 Jul 2004 6:23 pm    

Hey Guys: I just got mine too!!
I can't believe my ears. This CD is Fantastic. Man!! I know Clyde is a great player but what quality this CD has been produced. Clyde really put some nice licks and a nice variety of music for all to listen. I encourge everyone to get a copy of Clyde's CD. This is Pro Stuff fellows and you won't be sorry if you decide to get one. Besides Clyde is one of the nicest guys in the steelguitar world and he would appreciate your thoughts.

Clyde is a member and a big supporter of the MASGA and we gladly claim him as one of our own.

Ken Latchum
President MASGA

Kenny Dail

Kinston, N.C. R.I.P.
Post  Posted 16 Jul 2004 11:04 pm    

Skip, thanks for putting this on the forum. I would like to take this oportunity to elaborate a little bit about this CD, with Skips permission.

Clyde Mattocks and his band, "The Super Grit Cowboy Band" have been playing the east coast for many years and have several alumni from his band graduate to bigger and better things via Nashville.

He has finally recorded a steel guitar album of some of his favorite tunes and done them in a style so familiar you can relate to many of our heros that played on the original recordings, i.e., Jimmy Day (Ray Price), Buddy Emmons (Ray Price and Ernest Tubb..etc). He can give the sound of Ralph Mooney and Tom Brumley, Don Helms and so forth and so on. He is without a doubt one of the most underated Steel Players not be associated with the Nashville music scene I ever heard. My preferred tune on this CD is "Steeling The Blues." He has maintained the original sound and licks used by Jerry on the lap steel and embelishwed it with nuances from the pedal version and somehow brought the song together with an excellent marriage between the two styles. It alone is worth the price of the CD.

If anyone is interested in ordering the CD and/or the rythm tracks, I will be glad to accept your order by email and pass it to him for processing. I live only about 15 minutes fromhis place. Clyde is not always at home especially during the weekend but, he does have an answering machine. Simply email me with purchase or call Clyde direct.
Please include your snail mail address with a telephone number where you can be reached. His phone number is (252) 523 4404.

CD & Tracks: $25.00 (sold together)
CD w/steel: 16.50 (seperately)
Tracks only: 13.50 (seperately)

He pays shipping in the USA. Check or money order accepted. Checks will have to clear bank before shipping. I have known this gentleman since 1953 and a nicer person or better friend you will never have or meet

Thanks...Happy trails....

My email address: KDail86024@aol.com

------------------

kd...and the beat goes on...

[This message was edited by Kenny Dail on 17 July 2004 at 12:13 AM.]

Ray Walker

Smithfield, NC, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 23 Jul 2004 3:37 am    

Just talked to Clyde and mine is on the way. Yippeeeee!!! Can't hardly wait

Ray

Kenny Dail

Kinston, N.C. R.I.P.
Post  Posted 27 Jul 2004 3:03 pm    

You guys that are interested, contact me or Skip Merts. We will have some in Tarboro this coming weekend.

------------------
kd...and the beat goes on...