The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Amps, Cabs, Pickups, For Sale At Norwalk Show
Rob Segal

New York NY
Post  Posted 4 Nov 2004 11:47 am    

Cleaning House. Will deliver to Norwalk show, or will ship at your cost:

Standel ‘Hybrid’ Custom 15.........serial #2329-1, normal and vibrato chanels, concentric knobs, lit panel, solid state front end, tube amp section. Original 16 ohm JBL in perfect shape, not re-coned that I know of. (Standel typically used 16 ohm speakers with tube amps, though this amp’s output transformer has taps for 4 and 8 ohm speakers too). Cabinet is good, some wear, grill cloth excelent, has been replaced with Fender Twin type cloth. Note! Amp is NOT working. It lights up, all tubes light up, but does not play; needs repair........$200

Peavey Nashville 400..........serial #09591285, bought new by me in 1998. Perfect sonically, an excellent sounding one, built from new with Peavey’s ‘mod’, 4 ohm Black Widow speaker. On casters, cabinet is in good condition, scuffed with a couple of tolex tears, grill cloth perfect. A workhorse, needs nothing.......$350

Peavey Session 400.........serial # 5A-66605, the early kind, from 1975 according to Mike Brown. Original 4 ohm JBL D-130 speaker, re-coned by Woody Woodell of Benchraft Electronics, Nashville. Classic steel amp, sounds great, gone through by Peavey a year ago. Cabinet condition is good, not mint; scuffed, one or two minor tears in amazingly tough tolex, on casters, grill cloth not torn, all knobs original. Reverb is not so great; I've used my external effects unit and kept it disconnected.....$350

Peavey Session 400 chassis only...........complete and in excellent working order, gone through by Peavey within last 2 years. Probably from late 70's, similar to the older one listed above, but with plastic faceplate instead of metal, original knobs. Chassis only, no cabinet, no speaker. Used as spare to above amp, bolts right in. Or, make you a cabinet and get a speaker........$170

Combo deal--Session 400 complete plus spare Session 400 chassis--$500

Fender Blues Junior, bought new by me in 2000, hardly used, black tolex, excellent condition.......$200

Open-back speaker cabinets, two of them.........outside measurements are 10" deep by 24" wide by 20 1/2" high, front slightly canted. Custom made--by me. Solid 5/4” pine sides, top, and bottom, 3/4" maple plywood front speaker baffle, 3/8" maple plywood rear partial baffles. Cabs are unfinished, ready for finish of your choice, or none required. Nice rubber feet, no handles, metal speaker grills. Cut for 15" black widow or JBL, with T-nuts in place and mounting screws, ready to bolt in your speaker. Even has 1/4" output speaker jack, wired ready to attach to speaker. I built these, they're neat and nice, but I went to closed back cabs........$125 each.

10-string steel guitar pickups:
George L, PF type as delivered on my Zum, excellent condition.......$50
George L, PF type as delivered on my Zum, excellent working condition, but the mounting tabs are broken off; mount with double stick tape which I will provide......$30
Barcus-Berry, original equipment on the EMCI/MCI guitars.......$50

Rob Segal, 212 366 9425 or email me.....

Jerry Roller

Van Buren, Arkansas USA
Post  Posted 4 Nov 2004 1:27 pm    

Rob, I would like to buy the Standel. I have already emailed you.
Jerry

Rob Segal

New York NY
Post  Posted 5 Nov 2004 7:53 am    

The Standel is sold to Jerry.

Rob Segal

New York NY
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2004 12:16 pm    

Up for another look.

Rob Segal

New York NY
Post  Posted 10 Nov 2004 6:41 am    

So far the Standel, the Blues Junior, and the Barcus Berry pickup are sold. Remaining are the:

Nashville 400
Session 400
Session 400 chassis
Speaker Cabs 15"-two
George L PF pickups-two

Jerry Roller

Van Buren, Arkansas USA
Post  Posted 10 Nov 2004 9:04 pm    

Rob, you are a real pleasure to deal with.
Your check is on it's way.
Jerry

Chris Allen Burke

Signal Hill, CA
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2004 4:56 pm    

Howdy Rob,
Check your e-mail I gave you an offer.
Thanks
CAB

Rob Segal

New York NY
Post  Posted 16 Nov 2004 10:39 am    

Chris,

I'm sorry but the N400 is no longer available.

At this point the following are available:

Session 400.......$260, see below note
Session 400 chassis........$170
Speaker Cabs 15"-two.......@ $100 each
George L PF pickups-two......@ $45 and $25 for the one with no mounting ears

However, I have realized that the Session 400 has a speaker problem--a low frequency rattle in the JBL. Therefore I'm lowering the price to $260; will need a re-cone.

Rob

[This message was edited by Rob Segal on 16 November 2004 at 10:43 AM.]