The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Lexicon MPX G2 for sale
Dan Tyack

Olympia, WA USA
Post  Posted 23 Sep 2004 6:55 pm    

For sale, MPX G2 effects processor with matching R1 MIDI switching pedal. THis is probably the best all around effects unit ever made, with a combination of some amazing analog effects and the great Lexicon digital reverbs and delays. All the stomp box recreations are perfect, from the compressors to the phase shifters to the Mutron, which is absolutely perfect. I haven't used a rack based system in a while, and it's time to get this in the hands of somebody who will use it. The foot switch hasn't been used, the efx unit has typical club use dings. $800 firm.

Here's some Lexicon marketing info:
The MPX G2 is the only effects processor that lets you put effects anywhere you — want in front of your amp, in its effects loop, or both. Or use it for recording direct, with no amp at all! Analog and digital effects — 76 in all, as many as seven at once. Analog distortion and overdrive, and authentic recreations of vintage stomp boxes: Tube Screamer, Uni Vybe, Octavia, Mu-tron III, Cry Baby, Phase 90, Dyna Comp, Space Echo, and more. Studio effects like JamMan(20-second delay looper), Intelligent Pitch Shifting, Tap Delay, Chorus, Flange, Rotary Speaker, Parameteric EQ and Lexicon Reverb and Ambience. It's like having a library of legendary stomp boxes in one box!!

Built-in features like a "straight wire" analog bypass and an analog noise gate give you pure guitar tone when you want, and let you keep any high-gain amp totally under control. Other goodies include a tuner, a digital noise gate, dedicated analog tone controls and an analog Speaker Simulator, so you can record direct using the MPX G2 as a programmable stand-alone analog preamp with effects.

FEATURES

2 separate audio paths let you place effects in front of your amp or in the amp's effects loop
Stomp box control with MPX R1
Multiple processor technology for uncompromised reverb at all times
Dynamic Gain — Lexicon's analog distortion technology provides screaming overdrive and distortion
Use without an amp as a stand-alone preamp with effects
Over 60 effects including Intelligent Pitch Shift, 20-second. Full-Bandwidth Delays, Chorus,Flanger, Sweep Filter, Detuner, Rotary Speaker, Parametric EQ, Tremolo and recreations of Uni-Vibe, Dyna-Comp, Vox and Cry Baby Wah

------------------
www.tyack.com

James Quackenbush

Pomona, New York, USA
Post  Posted 25 Sep 2004 2:23 pm    

Dan,
What did you replace this unit with ?...
Thank's, Jim

Dan Tyack

Olympia, WA USA
Post  Posted 25 Sep 2004 2:56 pm    

THis unit was the nerve center for a stereo rig I used for a number of years. I used my THD Univalve as a preamp, and used the stomp boxes and reverbs, delays, mutron, and everything else from the Lexicon. I ran everything stereo, into a couple of cabs.

I have a simpler setup now, I use a single amp. I don't really use reverb anymore. I use a Roland V-Wah which covers the Mutron and other wacky filters. I use an Addrenalynn pedal for echo and really wacky time/filter effects. That's it.

I hate to sell this, because it's absolutely the best efx/preamp unit out there, but I just bought an amazing Weissenborn type guitar, and I need the money.

------------------
www.tyack.com

James Quackenbush

Pomona, New York, USA
Post  Posted 27 Sep 2004 9:04 am    

Dan,
Thanks for the reply....Sincerely, Jim

Dave Ristrim

Whites Creek, TN
Post  Posted 30 Sep 2004 4:25 am    

Check your E-mail my friend.
Dave