The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Peavey EDI direct box
Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 20 Jul 2004 2:47 pm    

This direct box goes between the amp and speaker and provides a balanced output for running direct into a mixing board or recording console. This type of DI puts out a signal closer to the actual amp sound than a preamp line out does. It has a "Timbre" control on the side to adjust the EQ slightly. I used one of these a few years ago at Church. I mounted it inside the back of my amp with velcro and it worked great. I think the maximum input signal is rated at 28 volts. This will handle almost any steel amp. This one looks like new, and the price is $40.00 USPS priority shipping included in the lower 48.

------------------
Darvin Willhoite
Riva Ridge Recording

Hal Higgins

Denham Springs, LA
Post  Posted 23 Jul 2004 8:51 am    

Darvin.....how would that hook up to a rack system with two cabs? Am interested in the unit if it will work with my rack. E-mail hsteeler@bellsouth.net or call 985-358-9346

HAL

------------------
Be Blessed........HAL
'85 Emmons LeGrande D-10,(8 & 6) Hilton Vol. Pedal, BJS Birthstone bar, Rack w/Evans Pre-amp, Lexicon MPX500; (2)1501-4 BW's in custom built cabs by T.A. Gibson, & Sound Tech PL802 Digital Power Amp.

Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 23 Jul 2004 9:40 am    

I use a couple of these units. You have a set of cables out of your rack going to your speaker cabinets, right? You just plug those cables into the EDI direct boxs and then get another set of cable to go from the DIs to your speaker cabinets. A piece of cake!!!
Erv

Hal Higgins

Denham Springs, LA
Post  Posted 23 Jul 2004 2:33 pm    

Thanks Erv....and thanks for the Tab you sent of one of the greatest songs ever written.....because there truly is "Something About That Name". HAL

------------------
Be Blessed........HAL
'85 Emmons LeGrande D-10,(8 & 6) Hilton Vol. Pedal, BJS Birthstone bar, Rack w/Evans Pre-amp, Lexicon MPX500; (2)1501-4 BW's in custom built cabs by T.A. Gibson, & Sound Tech PL802 Digital Power Amp.