The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  KeeleyCompressor (Brand New for sale)
Sonny Miller

Lino Lakes, Minnesota, USA
Post  Posted 23 Jun 2004 5:29 am    

This is the worlds best compressor, and when i ordered one i received 2 at 220.00 each.So one is for sale for 180.00.That is a savings of 40.00 and it is still in the box.
Lead guitar must have for maximum clean sustain.Sounds unbelievable with my tele and any amp! Best country effect ever created.It sounds like the 80's Ross but is handwired, quiet,and no power loss, when switching. Look it up on ebay and a NEW one does cost 220.00 with free shipping, My price includes Free shipping also. Plus i pay the donation.

Brad Sarno

St. Louis, MO USA
Post  Posted 23 Jun 2004 7:18 am    

Sonny, I'd like to jump in here. The Keely compressor is as described. It's a modern clone/upgrade of the classic Ross (not Boss) compressor pedal, which is an upgrade of the classic MXR DynaComp. If you've ever heard the band Phish, this compressor is THE sound and secret weapon of Trey Anastasio's guitar tone. I've got original Ross's and also a Keely. I don't think there has ever been a better guitar compressor pedal made. It gives clean sustain in the best way. You can go from single note runs to fat chords and they all come out clear and powerful. If you put an overdrive pedal BEFORE the compressor, it's really amazing. You can use your guitar volume control to adjust the amount of overdrive and the compressor after it will make it all come out loud and even. Great pedal! However if you run steel into it before your volume pedal, it will get dirty since the steel pickups are so hot. It really shines on regular electric guitar.

Brad Sarno

John McClung

Olympia WA, USA
Post  Posted 23 Jun 2004 11:03 am    

Along the same boutique compressor lines, I've been very happy with my high end AnalogMan Comprossor, apparently identical to the old Ross compressors, but with better controls. Tank-like build, very smooth and subtle. I bought it based on rave reviews on Harmony-Central, and haven't been disappointed.

That's a great site, btw, for lots of user feedback on any kind of music gear you can imagine.

I have an order AnalogMan's Bi-Comprossor, which adds an Orange Juicer to the mix. If I get that and like it, I may sell off the Comprossor, so stay tuned.

Brad Sarno, how does the ProFex II built-in compressor compare to these boutique boxes, in your expert opinion?

b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 23 Jun 2004 1:43 pm    

Let's not dilute Sonny's ad with a discussion of various other compressors, please! We have an "Electronics" section for discussion.

------------------
               Bobby Lee
-b0b-   quasar@b0b.com
 System Administrator

Sonny Miller

Post  Posted 23 Jun 2004 1:51 pm    

Well one is sold, and a donation will be coming upon completion of the sale.

Yes this is a modern update of the old ROSS.
They have a blue light, and anyone that needs one more can have my other Keeley as it has to go too.
You can go to ebay and look up the Keeley Compressor and they will give you the full run down of that compressor. Here is a description of the compressor.
""Want the best compressor? Guitar Player Magazine gave it the Editor's Pick last month! It was compared with $1000+ rack mount compressors!!! I think it's the best compressor you can stomp on!""

""Howdy Folks! Here is a top of the line, Brand New Keeley Compressor direct from Keeley Electronics. This is the legendary compressor used in studios and on stages everywhere. Frequently called the best compressor to come out since the Dyna-comp. Simple, easy to use and no other compressor has finer components. Hand matched (to FAR less than 1%) vintage correct transistors. Jacks, switches, LED, and potentiometers are Point to point wired with teflon wire. Silver solder used for all connections! True Bypass and the famous Blue LED. Comes with DC jack so you can use your own power supply, or use batteries. Enjoy the good life! robertkeeley dot com has more good info and a list of references from Steel Dan to Dan Huff, coutry star and telecaster monster Brad Paisley and BROOKS AND DUNN, Brent Rowan, Jerry McPherson, Gordon Kennedy, the Beach Boys to George Lynch of Dokken, Peter Frampton, Marker Farner of Grand Funk Rail Road, etc! In the March issue of Guitar Player, page 39. They say, "LONG ON TONE!" How did they know our motto was "Tone is TONE baby?!!!! Please enjoy the best and only use Keeley compressors for your guitar signal. Winking""

Sonny Miller

Post  Posted 23 Jun 2004 3:25 pm    

I still have 1 Keeley left to sell.

Not playing much guitar with my carpal tunnel!

I will be selling lots of stuff pretty soon. So stay tuned!

Sonny Miller

Post  Posted 26 Jun 2004 7:50 pm    

Well, both were sold to Tom And Greg, and i await the payments, and my Forum donation will follow.