The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  YOU are invited....
C Dixon

Duluth, GA USA
Post  Posted 7 Aug 2003 4:17 pm    

I am going to be working in the Excel booth at Scotty's ISGC this labor day weekend.

Please come by when you get a chance. I have talked to sooooo many of you in emails and phone calls I feel like I know many of you personally. It would be MY pleasure to put a face to you; and what better place than a convention?

The Excel booth is just outside the main entrance to the hall; to your right.

I have some things I would like to show you. And one of them is a very unique vertical knee lever. I also have some other things that I think you might be interested in seeing.

But in any case, I would love to chat with you and visit. Do come by if you are at the convention. I will look forward to it.

May Jesus richly bless you all,

carl

RON PRESTON

Dodson, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 8 Aug 2003 5:06 am    

My Frend,
I am looking forward to meeting you this year.
I will be at the Emmons booth for ONE day only to show my new product...The "Emmons" name plates that I Custom make. (I will leave them there for Ron to show after I leave) I will be discussing prices with Ron Jr., and at this time, none will be sold UNTIL I have an agreement with him FIRST. I want this venture to be LEGAL and HONEST. BUT...You can put your order in at the show. I will have several different styles...Sterling Silver, Bronze...Solid Name plates, and name plates that will have the back part of the plate cut out so you can have the Mica showing. Mine, for example, is Sterling Silver, and the mica is Turquoise mounted on the 1/4 inch Aluminnum Base plate...Looks very "Catchy" to say the least.
Looking forward to seeing a lot of old friends, and meeting BoB...Can't wait.

Ray Montee

Portland, Oregon (deceased)
Post  Posted 8 Aug 2003 7:01 am    

Any chance you could post a photo of your product to really get folks enthused about wanting to purchase one?

C Dixon

Duluth, GA USA
Post  Posted 8 Aug 2003 8:31 pm    

Ray,

The items I want to show, are things I have made just for the show. There is little likelyhood they would ever be made again. But I believe players would be interested in seeing them. They are 100% Pedal Steel Guitar. You could call it a novelty.

Or better, "An ole man whose lost his mind"

God bless you all,

carl

Doug Rolfe

Indianapolis, IN
Post  Posted 9 Aug 2003 6:11 am    

Hey Carl, I am so excited that you are coming to St. Louis. As usual, we(gospel steel) will be in our booth just down the way from you. I will definitely plan on spending some time with you when 300 others aren't bending your ear or vice versa. I can't wait!!!

------------------
Doug
Dekley 12U 4k & 7p
2-Nash 400 & Quadraverb

C Dixon

Duluth, GA USA
Post  Posted 9 Aug 2003 7:21 am    

Doug,

The pleasure AND honor will be seeing you and Stevee. I have sooo missed you both. You KNOW how Hazel and I love you two. It will be nice to see and visit you once again.

May our precious Savior bring you joy and comfort always,

carl