The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  I have a need for......
Doc Quinn

Paris, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 19 Jul 2003 9:34 pm    

Hi all; Doc Quinn here and I am a new (old man) on the block! My Father (Buddy Quinn) passed down to me his Sho Bud Custom I 10 string and it is in mint condition but, during moving it from where he used to live to my house my sister (Bless her heart) lost the front name plate, (insignia, emblem, ??) not sure what to call it. The location for the insignia would be the right front of the steel. Question is, does anyone have an idea where I can purchase a authentic replacement. I have been around and about to a few of the Sho Bud sites on the net but have not found one as of yet. I'm a thinkin' some of you may know just the right place for me to look! I hope anyways!

Nice to be here and can't wait to get to know ya'll.

I'm thankin' Ya'

Doc "Mistabluesman" Quinn

------------------
Doc "Mistabluesman" Quinn

[This message was edited by Doc Quinn on 19 July 2003 at 10:53 PM.]

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Skip Cole

North Mississippi
Post  Posted 19 Jul 2003 10:03 pm    

If you haven't already, try Steel Guitar Nashville, 615-822-5555, sales@steelguitar.net

Skip

------------------
"Steel guitar is where it are"

Doc Quinn

Paris, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 19 Jul 2003 11:40 pm    

Thank you Skip! I'll do that first thing come Monday mornin' I do appreciate the help :-)

Doc

------------------
It's Just Me.... and I'll treat ya' good in so many different ways, you're bound to like one of them!

[This message was edited by Doc Quinn on 20 July 2003 at 12:44 AM.]

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Doc Quinn

Paris, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 20 Jul 2003 12:18 am    

Thanks Tony!

------------------
It's Just Me.... and I'll treat ya good in so many different ways you're bound to like one of them!

[This message was edited by Doc Quinn on 21 July 2003 at 10:23 AM.]

Skip Mertz

N.C. (deceased)
Post  Posted 20 Jul 2003 6:14 am    

Hi Doc, I haven't seen a Sho-Bud in the pro series that had a name plate. They are decals lacquered over with clear. The Maverick S-10s all had a plate I believe. If you can send pic ,I can tell more from that. Skip

Skip Mertz

N.C. (deceased)
Post  Posted 20 Jul 2003 6:26 am    

Hey Doc, just checked out your site, cool!
If you're playing at the blues jam in Wilmington let me know. I've playee steel and recorded with some of the guys from The Heaters band that will be there at the Rusty Nail and most of the others here in Fayetteville NC. Roy Buchanan was a friend of mine. I played with him in DC and he influenced my playing alot. Maybe I'll see you there. Skip

Doc Quinn

Paris, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 20 Jul 2003 9:25 am    

Hey Skip; I wish I were doing the blues jam in Wilmington but unfortunately I'm not. I have to be out west and that is where my 10 string is. While I am there I am going to take it down, pack it in my truck and bring it here to Paris, Texas. Once I get it here I will post a picture of it and then you will see what I'm refering to, ok. Thanks!

Now, I do get to Maxton NC. some every year (about 5 times) and maybe while I'm doing that deal we can find a way to get hooked up for some playing. I'd really enjoy that!

You said.. "Roy Buchanan was a friend of mine. I played with him in DC and he influenced my playing alot"... man, what a treasured memory that has to be.

Years back and I mean way back, prior to my teens my sisters and I used to play on the Herb Hensly Show in Bakersfield, Ca. That's right, the old "Cousin Herb" show - "Ya' All Come Back Now, Ya' Hear"! Now all you old timers know how dadgum old I must be to have done that back then. I watched a lot of the greats come thru that place. Recorded on the old Pike Lable, Four Star Lable...oh man, I better stop now, cause this can get to be an all day thing..lol but, I must share one of my most favorite old memories I have from way back when I was around seven years old. My father had somehow worked a deal in Riverside, Ca. for my youngest sister, Dorothy (six years old back then) to sing a Molly Bee take (Tweedly Dee) at a stage show with Jim Reeves and Patsy Cline. I remember being backstage and saw Jim Reeves and he had on a green western suit, green cowboy hat, green cowboy boots and when he said hi to me his tounge was green. I ran to my dad and told him (man I was scared), my Father told me it was ok, it was from chewing gum. Man, I was a nervous wreck after I saw that! I guess it was from them Cloretts back in them days. lol I will never forget that night!

I better stop, Thanks again for your help and I get back to ya', ok!

Doc

------------------
It's Just Me.... and I'll treat ya' good in so many different ways, you're bound to like one of them!

[This message was edited by Doc Quinn on 20 July 2003 at 10:28 AM.]

b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 20 Jul 2003 9:27 pm    

Since this isn't really a "Buy and Sell" ad, but rather an introduction, I'm moving it to the "Steel Players" section of the Forum.

------------------
               Bobby Lee
-b0b-   quasar@b0b.com

System Administrator

Tony Davis

Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Post  Posted 21 Jul 2003 4:12 am    

Hey Doc...just a tip as you are new here....and earlier on in this thread you said you couldnt delete your test.....if you look at the top right of your post you will see profile.....email and edit.....if you click on profile you learn about whoevers post you are reading........see I just changed my post right here...but iff you click on edit...you can either change what you have written or delete it altogether...only you or staff can do this.....hope this helps...you'll get used to it
Tony

[This message was edited by Tony Davis on 21 July 2003 at 05:14 AM.]

Doc Quinn

Paris, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 21 Jul 2003 9:59 am    

Thank You Tony, I even made the correction above!

Doc

It's just me
.... and I will treat you good in so many different ways
you are bound to like one of them!

[This message was edited by Doc Quinn on 21 July 2003 at 11:05 AM.]

Doc Quinn

Paris, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2003 11:17 am    

Skip, I ran across this picture of my Father and the Sho Bud. lol, he was in his pj's. Anyway, it looks like maybe the steel is/could be a Maverick instead of a Custom. What do you think?

Thanks,

Doc

It's just me

[This message was edited by Doc Quinn on 22 July 2003 at 12:18 PM.]

Joerg Hennig

Bavaria, Germany
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2003 11:46 am    

Neither one nor the other. It looks very much like a single neck Fingertip, even though the left end is not fully in the picture, but there is something to the left side of the changer axle which should be those tuning screws. That´s a beautiful and rare guitar you got there, Doc, better hold on to it.

Regards, Joe H.

Doc Quinn

Paris, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2003 2:06 pm    

Thanks Joe! It does have the screws, I remember them! I'll have it here a week or so and take a good pic of it and post it, ok!
Thanks again,
Doc

It's just me