The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  NW Florida Steelers?
Jim Walker

Headland, AL
Post  Posted 10 May 2003 1:51 pm    

I'm not steelin' anymore but I still got my B'bender Telecaster.I'm gona be in Defuniak Springs from 5/13 to 5/27. I'm gona be needin' to play! I guess what I'm really asking is, If anyone in North West Florida knows a place I could go and Jam or go to set in with the band a a set or two, hit this post or shoot me an email and fill me in.
http://whirlwind_band.tripod.com

Jim Walker

Headland, AL
Post  Posted 12 May 2003 12:13 pm    

bump<

Robert L. Clark

Blountstown, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 12 May 2003 2:04 pm    

The Callahan restaurant in Blountstown, Fl is only about 90 minutes from you. They play nothing but traditional country music this weekend. Both Friday and Sat. from 7 to 10 central time. No smoke or alcohol and great food. Jimmy Powell will be playing his pretty blue Zum

Jim Walker

Headland, AL
Post  Posted 22 May 2003 8:46 am    

Howdy All, Thanks for the mails and stuff guys. I been pretty busy since I got here to Florida. I came down here to visist my dad who is ill and realized I might be moving down here in the near future. I found a club that had a country band and they are in need of a lead guitar player. So there's the other half reason for me to move. Guess I need to find a Steeler that want to join the band I'm about to join. I'm spoiled. Gota have a steel player in the band after working with guy's like David Wright and John Gudgil. Gotta go.. Thanks again..