The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Zane Beck's Proteg'es?
Roger Shackelton

MINNESOTA (deceased)
Post  Posted 14 May 2003 9:07 am    

I haven't heard anything about Zane King or Blake Fousserousse<-sp? for a very long time. Does anyone know what they are doing at present?

Zane and his wife were traveling evangelists the last I heard. Don't know anything about Blake.

Roger

Jerry Roller

Van Buren, Arkansas USA
Post  Posted 14 May 2003 10:22 am    

Blake lives in Rogers, Ar. He was steel player for the Ozark Mountain Hoedown in Eureka Springs, Ar. until about a year ago.
Eddie Snow is presently the steeler there and probably knows more about Blake than I do. I believe Blake is working for a large Corporation in the Rogers Ar area but not sure what playing he is doing. He is a fine player. The last time I saw him was when we were going to attend his show in Eureka and he spotted me as I was approaching the ticket booth, he came out to meet me and got me comp tickets as close to the steel as possible. A nice guy!
Jerry

bob drawbaugh

scottsboro, al. usa
Post  Posted 15 May 2003 4:57 am    

The last I heard of Zane he was in Nashville working on Southern Gospel records.

ESnow

Berryville AR USA
Post  Posted 15 May 2003 10:51 pm    

I will see Blake tonight, the 16th. He is going to fill in on bass for us. Our bass player has a daughter that graduates high school tonight. Blake is a great steel player but he doesn't play it at all anymore, been playing bass??????

RON PRESTON

Dodson, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 16 May 2003 10:13 am    

Eddie,
How are you, Picker? Man, I guess there is no end to playing for ol' Trinny Triggs. We are playing TONIGHT in Tyler, Texas for him, and again TOMORROW NIGHT at the "bedRock" in Natchitoches, Louisiana.....THEN about 3 or 4 shows next month with him. BTW, Just between you and I, Did he ever "Overinduldge" with the "Sauce"? The last couple of times we played for him, he got just a little "Tippsy", ifin' you know what I mean. Jeff Rachall had to "Cover" for him. Trinny "Forgot the Words".
I heard several "Bad" things from previous Bar OWNERS that does NOT want him back from past experiences. I don't give a "Hoot" as long as we keep busy, but, that can look bad on the band.
Go to our website when you get the time and check it out.......www.jeffrachall.com
We have some cool pics of us with Trinny.
Hope to get up your way sometime this year to hear you. If we do, I MOST DEFINATLY want to stop and chat with Jerry Roller.
I used to help him on his orders at Emmons. Quite the likeable Chap.
I'm SURE he can tell you about some of my "Screw-ups" when I worked there. It wasn't funny then, But, maybe ol' Jerry has forgiven me by now.

Larry King

Watts, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 16 May 2003 11:10 am    

Don't know how current my info will be on Blake but I spoke to hime several months back and at the time he was involved in one of the Baptist churches in the Rogers Ark area and was on staff(read paid position). He had no interest in working a supper club due to the presence of adult beverages and therefore felt like it would compromise his position at church.I respect that.

Reggie Duncan

Mississippi
Post  Posted 17 May 2003 8:50 pm    

Zane King is president of Journey Records in Nashville. He is no longer married to Jessica King, the singer. He is producing gospel records and has other business ventures with Les Butler of Solid Gospel internet radio, I have heard.