The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Emmons Guitars-The Lashley Co.
RON PRESTON

Dodson, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 28 Sep 2001 1:45 pm    

Jody, do you remember a fellow by the name of Shorty Robins? He plays in Branson now with his wife, Marda. I played steel for them every mornig for a breakfast show. He worked for Leo Fender many years ago. I saw his pitcher in one of the older Fender books that shows the many different guitars they made through the years. Just was wondering if you had any GREAT stories to pass on about this fellow by the name of Shorty Robins.

Larry Miller

Dothan AL,USA
Post  Posted 28 Sep 2001 2:41 pm    

Quote:
like who's a hotter chick Brittany Spears? or Jennifer Lopez?,,,I like em both.
Jennifer has a nicer, rounder, firmer butt, but I like Britney's belly button better!

Mike Cass

Post  Posted 28 Sep 2001 3:55 pm    

yawwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnn........
Barkeep,I want a bottle of whatever Jody is drinking ....
by the way.... its not a good idea to take any "old yellers" you might find in yer pak-a-seat or the back of yer glove compartment, Jody

[This message was edited by Mike Cass on 28 September 2001 at 04:59 PM.]

Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 28 Sep 2001 4:50 pm    

Mike,,,,,funny funny funny,,,you can always "scroll" past the Yaaaaaaaaawwwwwwn.

PS I drink Milk,,

Like someone said to me recently,,,,If they dont like it,,,,let em change the "channel"

Mike,,,,be nice,never did anything to you.
Go To "Humor" Tony Davis can use a guy like you. Yaaaaaaawwwwwn. bOb "move this to "HUMOR" I edited as I didnt hear from Mike
Everybody wants to be a comedian,,,but they dont cut the "mustard" Is this better Mike??? It only takes ONE,,,,to you know what....

[This message was edited by Jody Carver on 29 September 2001 at 12:40 PM.]

Mike Cass

Post  Posted 29 Sep 2001 11:41 am    

awwwwwwwwww, Jody....dont be so sensitive...the ability to laugh at ones self is a virtue....taking ones self too seriously aint the way to go, trust me , it was all in fun, but I think it would be best for you to send your guitar to Jerry Roller or some such person,rather than me.
If I cant kid with you, youd never live through the bill I present after completing a setup job .
Buck Reid @ Jimmie Crawford's is good with p/p's too.End of discussion.

Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 29 Sep 2001 12:50 pm    

Awwwwww Mike,,,Im only pulling your chain,,I know you arent serious,,how would I have those yellow pills?? I only take Vitamins.

Sense of humor???Me?? I invented it,,,and survived with it all these years,,,hell even my wife laugh's when I go to bed and....you know what.

I didnt think your price was too high,,In fact I was looking for a "shipping carton"
now what will I do??? dont say it I think I know your answer......grinnin end of discussion??? just when I was starting to like you. I had to edit...as you really know how to hurt a guy...first you tell me to stop takin those yellow pills,,,then you tell me to send my guitar to Jerry Roller...

Im in tears Mike,,,,,does that mean we are through ?? I feel like the tune Neil Sedaka wrote,," Breaking up is hard to do" Say It isnt So Mike,,,I'll be loving you
"Always" and dont forget that I really will.

Darn it,,,you shouldnt have gotten mad,,,,you should just have gotten even with
your repair charges,,,and just when I had the money ready for you,,,Now what will I do with the$$$$$$$$$$ "I"ll Never Smile Again until I smile at you,,,love ya guy,,,end of our affair.....oxoxoxoxox kisses for ya

[This message was edited by Jody Carver on 29 September 2001 at 02:14 PM.]

Jerry Roller

Van Buren, Arkansas USA
Post  Posted 29 Sep 2001 1:50 pm    

Hey Jodie, Mike is giving you some really good advise! Just ask anyone who has had any dealings with me. And Mike, thanks for the referral.
Jerry

slick

Calhoun Georgia
Post  Posted 29 Sep 2001 3:07 pm    

Where else could one read such words of wisdom?So much said in so few words,amazing!!!I love this place.

Wayne

bob drawbaugh

scottsboro, al. usa
Post  Posted 29 Sep 2001 3:59 pm    

Well here is my two cents worth. I have bought two guitars from a dealer, Herby Wallace. He treated me very good and gave me a very good price. I have also bought guitars direct. I got a very good price and was treated well. I have bought from dealers and factorys and was not treated so well. So it can go both ways. I have never bought a guitar from Bobbie, but would if I was in the market and he had what I wanted. The wait for a guitar when buying direct has never been a problem for me. My guitar is always a custom guitar, Color, setup, tunning, ect. When I buy anything I always look for the best deal. Competition is a good thing for the consumer.

[This message was edited by bob drawbaugh on 30 September 2001 at 08:38 AM.]

Jim Bob Sedgwick

Clinton, Missouri USA
Post  Posted 29 Sep 2001 4:28 pm    

I know this thread is about factories, but what about the small builders that only sell direct. Williams, Zum, Fessenden, Thomas are a few that come to mind. My own personal experience has been with Bill Rudolph, Williams guitars. He always bends over backwards to keep his customers happy. And it's nice to pick up the phone and talk directly to the man who made the guitar. I know of no one who has had a problem with the small builders. Maybe I'm naive?

Mike Cass

Post  Posted 29 Sep 2001 11:25 pm    

Youre quite welcome Jerry, but Id hold off on thanking me .
Mr.Carver......man, get a life, please!!!....oh,& no more sexual harrassment,ok???...That dog dont hunt ....There's never a netcop around when you need one......
ps.Mr. Carver, I have a suggestion as to what you might do with yer $$$$$$$$... & yer computer

[This message was edited by Mike Cass on 30 September 2001 at 02:07 AM.]

Nick Reed

Russellville, KY USA
Post  Posted 30 Sep 2001 2:23 am    

Due to my Mother's illness, I haven't been posting much lately.

This is very interesting news about Ron Jr. getting his Dad's company back. Does anyone know if Jack Strayhorn will now be returning to the Emmons Co. Jack & Ronnie Preston built my Lashley LeGrande III. NR

Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 30 Sep 2001 7:59 am    

Hey Mikey
Aw Mikey,,,I'll bet you say that to all the guys. Cool down pardner,,,,blood presure you know,,,,chill out guy.

As for getting a life?? I did have a great one..."TILL THERE WAS YOU" I will get it back
"AFTER YOU"VE GONE"

As for whatI wil do with the $$$$$$$$$ I will more than likely donate it to a good cause like the FDNY fund,,,,not your,,, cause....your "cause" is cause you need the loot I know ,,,I have heard bout you.

Sexual harrasment,,,aw Mike you always threaten people,,but you know you like the attention you are getting.

There is an old saying Mike,,,when ARGUEING WITH A FOOL ,,MAKE SURE "HE IS NOT DOING THE
SAME" So I refuse to ARGUE with you Mikey.

As for the Computer,,,I have tried what you are suggesting,,,but man have you ever tried that with a 21" monitor" and a 40 gig hard drive??? those Monitor corners "smart" then
its like a "smart ass city" there are many in this world,,,I know I come across them "ONCE IN A WHILE"..GRINNIN

I'll bet this is more entertaining to some as watching a wrestling match on TV with a bottle of beer in one hand and a handful of nachos in the other,,,,like waiting for the blood to flow and the bones to break.

Sorry to disappoint those wrestling fans,,I am not a fighter,,Im a lover,,,ask my wife.Hey Mikey Im married 47 years look what that poor woman has had to put up with & you think you got it bad??.

I'll be back again,,,,"When Its Spring Again
and Birds On The Wing Again start to sing again that Sweet Melody"
Meanwhile "Ill See You IN MY DREAMS and dont be "mad" only dogs get "mad".. Still think you are a cool guy,,,,,so for your own sake
"cool down HOT DOG" cause a "Cool Dogs Movin In"

Slick,,,,sorry I couldn't say this in fewer words
but have you ever heard of a "one line song"?
On second thought I have "RAGMOP" remember??

Who wrote that???Berlin,,Kahn,,Porter,,great tune. Mikey good health to you I mean that,,,someday we will meet,,,I'll pay for dinner,,,same place that Bobbe takes you.

I do owe ya guy,,,,,you have been a good sport up till now say no more and dont spoil it,,,,let me remember you as you are....gotta run,,,,those yellar pills you sent are awaitin pardner,,,,,the Jack Daniels as well,,,,I toast one to you,,,Heres
to Mike Cass ,,a guy who meant no harm, keep
on Truckin guy,,, Hey Barkeep,,,The Drinks on on the House..burp burp,,,damm those "nachos" PS How do you like me so far?.
Never hold a grudge,,,a grudge is a smudge on the heart,,,,,my momma done told me so.

LATER....."When Its Sleepy Time Down South"

HEY we are "OFF TOPIC" where's the Marshall?

Jeff,,,sorry to have messed up your thread,,thats what happens when " EveryBody
wants To Get In The Act"" Jimmy Durante circa
1940.....INKA DINKA DOO,,,

[This message was edited by Jody Carver on 30 September 2001 at 09:05 AM.]

Mike Cass

Post  Posted 30 Sep 2001 1:34 pm    

hmmm.....Jody,I think you've just qualified yourself as the poster boy for "Alzheimer's Disease" .
Seriously, tho... Id lay off the remarks about my work & the motives for it, if I were you; youre approaching libel & slander here, if not a knuckle sandwich.As many, many folks here will tell you,I often go out of my way to make sure an instrument is in top playing form, often to my expense, not theirs. Your stories are sometimes funny, sometimes enlightening, some just plain boring, but most always,..prolific .I always thought this forum was about learning & sharing ideas, not lengthy history lessons & freefall,dissassociated ramblings.
Unless you have dealt with the Emmons Co recently, I cant see where your input has anythng to do with the thread.As one who is in close daily contact with Ron Lashley jr, I could offer some insight, but Ron has asked me to allow his forthcoming press release to speak for itself.
So, from here on out Jody, youll not get any problems from me....youve run myself & a number of others off of here & I hope you had a good time doing it,jerk!!!!
....just keep lookin over yer shoulder.....
& by the way, just cause I will no longer post on here doesnt mean I wont be lurking...I see you defaming me or my work again & I'll sue yer a$$ so quick yer head will spin...& Ill even get that "Im with Stupid--->"t-shirt yer wife wears in public......believe that !!!!!

[This message was edited by Mike Cass on 30 September 2001 at 03:19 PM.]

Harry Hess

Blue Bell, PA., USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 30 Sep 2001 2:03 pm    

A topic, originaly part of this thread has been lost.

Whether or not Billy Jenkins...... a 60 year old guy who has been a steeler for 30 years and who had a heart attack last year and is trying to get by on a fixed income, and who sold his steel to pay the Emmons company $3000 for the one he ordered last June, and who needs the added income from the gigs he is now unable to play..... whether or not he gets stiffed is of concern to me and should be to every steeler on this Forum.

It is not clear whether or not he will receive the long over due guitar he paid for in good faith. He is innocently suffering due to the apparant dis-array of the current Emmons Company.

His promised delivery date was well prior to the departure of Jim Acoyth.

This situation stinks as far as I'm concerned.

We should all pay close attention to this matter.

Concerned,
HH

[This message was edited by Harry Hess on 30 September 2001 at 03:21 PM.]

Mike Cass

Post  Posted 30 Sep 2001 2:30 pm    

Harry, Ron jr's words about that to myself & the customer in question were:"If we find that I am liable for your order, I will see to it that you get the guitar you ordered. All I ask is that you not post or make a big deal out of this, & give me time to get a handle on not just your situation but any others that may appear to be in limbo, also."
Ron assured me that if he is the responsible party when the smoke clears, or in the event that he is found not responsible but in a position to help, he would welcome the opprotunity to continue to keep the trademark name in good standing in the industry......cant be any fairer than that. That being said,I would think that from here on out, unless Ron, Jim or their lawyers post on here,or communicate with the PSG community in some way, we should drop this futile excercise in second guessing, needles speculation & innuendo.

[This message was edited by Mike Cass on 30 September 2001 at 03:37 PM.]