The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Re: Bobbe Seymour
Dave Seddon

Leicester, England.
Post  Posted 30 Aug 2001 1:51 pm    

I think Bobbe Seymour is absolutely brilliant. His playing is fantastic, and as I see it he is very honest with his views on the Forum, but it seems a lot of people out there don't agree. Whatever your views, at least Bobbe is one PROFESSIONAL Steel player who takes time out (virtually every day) to talk to us "lesser steelies." I want Bobbe to come over here to England to play for us, and believe me if I had the money he would be here tomorrow. My question is why do so many of you seem to have a "POP" at him, I look forward to his articles. Is he (as we Welsh people say) the "BLACK SHEEP" of the family. [[[Bobbe, don't ever change, playing or saying,]]]
Cheers for now
Dave.

Fred Jack

Bastrop, Texas 78602
Post  Posted 30 Aug 2001 2:00 pm    

Dave, Have I been missing something here??? I haven't seen anything on here that would make me think Bobbe is a "black sheep". In fact I'll tell you that he is very well liked..not only as a steel picker but also as a "upstanding young man"! At least the last time I saw him he was standing.With a forum such as this you are bound to get crackpots who run their mouth ( in this case their mouse or keyboard)and talk about things they don't really know or if they do know something it usually shoudn't be repeated.Hang in there Dave...read and don't repeat and you'll enjoy this forum.
regards, fred
NOTE to Bobbe: You owe me Bobbe..I down rite lied about the "young" part...fred

Bobbe Seymour

Hendersonville TN USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 30 Aug 2001 2:51 pm    

Dave, thankyou so very much for saying this. Many folks "take a pop at me" because they know that I love it! I love a good debate, I love good humored fun. Mostly they know I'll say exactly what I mean with all political considerations barred. Anyone that ever has a problem has never met me face to face or does not have a very good sense of humor. A lot of people can't stand hearing the truth, much less, someone elses opinion, these are the folks that may have a problem with me,but then again, they may have a problem with everyone.It sort of comes down to: If you don't want to hear the truth, don't ask me! It's the the way I am, Love me or hate me. But I hope to make as many folks happy as possible in my life. Lord knows, I do step on toes once in a while! I'm awfully good with apoligys though, when warrented.
Go to England to play, Nothing could ever make me happier! Please work this out! I played Japan 3 years ago and loved it! So did all the wonderful players in Japan.
Fred Jack! Your funny, I'm only 39 years old,Weigh 145 lbs,6.4 tall, look like the Marlboro man and put Elvis where he is today! (maybe I should have left the last part out). Love all you wonderful guys on the forum, this is a great medium. ( If you have thick skin and a good sense of humor!).
Bobbe (Black sheep) Seymour, Thankyou!
(edited to change middle name!)

[This message was edited by BobbeSeymour on 30 August 2001 at 07:13 PM.]

Pat Burns

Branchville, N.J. USA
Post  Posted 30 Aug 2001 4:18 pm    

..Bobbe, how did you figure out how to sign on as Dave Seddon?...

...and that ol' Marlboro Man don't look so good after 40 years of smoking 3 packs a day..

Dave Seddon

Leicester, England.
Post  Posted 30 Aug 2001 4:51 pm    

Bobbe
One way or other I will get you over here. I have just been listening to you playing "Maidens Prayer" and I think I've just wet myself. By the way who is playing Dobro.
Cheers
Dave.

Boomer

Brentwood, TN USA
Post  Posted 30 Aug 2001 5:28 pm    

His spelling. Best, Boomer

Dave Seddon

Leicester, England.
Post  Posted 30 Aug 2001 5:34 pm    

C'mon BOOMER he done Goooood.

Bobbe Seymour

Post  Posted 30 Aug 2001 5:54 pm    

Pat, are you kidding, you know I'm not Dave,HE CAN SPELL!
Dave, Thankyou for the off handed compliment,I did the overdub on what you are calling a Dobro,on most of the tunes.Tommy White did two songs and played telecaster on most of the others.
This instrument was a flat top , square neck guitar with raised strings,made by Shot Jackson of Sho-Bud for me in 1972. It sounds like a dobro on tape but is a little warmer and being a tone fanatic, I just like it better to record with.
I would like to send you more of my albums for being so nice. E-mail me.
Bobbe-----the-Kipper,Thanx Pat.

Bobbe Seymour

Post  Posted 30 Aug 2001 6:00 pm    

Dave, don't worry,Boomer and Pat are my great friends, that's why they love to give me so much greif! Boomer is a famous frustrated steel player, he put 12 pedals on his Telecaster just to play "Together Again".
I can't figure out what Pat did,(yet).
Bobbe
Fred Jack,I just noticed,Black Sheep and Bobbe Seymour both start with B.S.----Hummmm!

[This message was edited by BobbeSeymour on 30 August 2001 at 07:16 PM.]

Fred Jack

Bastrop, Texas 78602
Post  Posted 30 Aug 2001 6:35 pm    

Bobbe...I had noticed that but just could not bring myself to point that out! fred

Pat Burns

Branchville, N.J. USA
Post  Posted 30 Aug 2001 7:54 pm    

...Bobbe, my mother summed up my purpose here pretty well when she told me, "Son, everyone has a purpose in this life, even if it's only to set a bad example"...

BJ Bailey

Jackson Ms,Hinds
Post  Posted 30 Aug 2001 9:55 pm    

Well you see there brother Dave Bobbie is stuck up in them little hills close to Nashburger.And it is so doggone hot,that he must have atleast four or five pop's aday.
It is my understanding,it is Bobbie's dream to make the big move to Nashburger one day.
He wants to play on the Grand New Opry Rock house.I understand he's takeing afew Jeff Newman study courses now.I have heard that outside the little village of Goodlesvill,they are haveing a drouwt of rain,and no little critters stay in the woods any longer.The game warden came out to investigate.Altho far away he heard a screeching ,whinning grinding sound from a distance.It was sometimes ear pearceing and the warden figger it out. It was old Bobbei still trying to play by ear.Oh well maybe someday??????

------------------
BJ Bailey

Joe Casey

Weeki Wachee .Springs FL (population.9)
Post  Posted 31 Aug 2001 7:50 am    

yep Bobbe is outstanding in his field. In fact anyday you go to Goodletsville to which I'm told Nashville is a suburb of,thats where you will find him.Outstanding in his field.

------------------
CJC

Bobbe Seymour

Post  Posted 31 Aug 2001 9:13 am    

Dave Seddon,See what I mean? These are my best buddys and see how they treat me? This is why I need to move to England! But I'spose I'd really miss them after a while. Guess I should count my blessings. Lets see, one , two, three, maybe four--------
Guess I'll just keep getting "POPED".
Kipper

BJ Bailey

Jackson Ms,Hinds
Post  Posted 31 Aug 2001 10:33 am    

Yeah go on to Egland and swing like a pendolin do Bobbie,you ai'nt never gonna understand how to make a 7 flatted three on that steel you stoled anyway.Yes We know you'd miss us ,and we forget you.Hey thats almost a hit honkytonk song. David in all seriusness,Bobbie is still looking for it.But we the C.P.B.R.B.computer bed room band have it

------------------
BJ Bailey

Dave Seddon

Leicester, England.
Post  Posted 31 Aug 2001 10:56 am    

Well I guess I must have lost my sense of humour for a while there, having read all your replies. I think you guys over there in the States are so lucky to have him.
Any time you want to ship him over here don't hesitate. Bobbe I'll e-mail you.
Cheers for now
Dave.

Pat Burns

Branchville, N.J. USA
Post  Posted 31 Aug 2001 1:53 pm    

...we'll send him over, Dave, but in a month or two you'll be wanting to send him back, telling us "he's overpaid, oversexed and over here"....

GORDY NICHOL

chattanooga,tn usa
Post  Posted 31 Aug 2001 2:34 pm    

He does have good taste in co-pilots!!! Look at his new site.P.S. I suddenly have the urge to drive 2hrs to get a pack of strings!!!

[This message was edited by GORDY NICHOL on 31 August 2001 at 03:44 PM.]

slick

Calhoun Georgia
Post  Posted 31 Aug 2001 4:11 pm    

Bobbe Seymour is a true gentleman, a master
of the pedal steel guitar and he is my friend.Bobbe I said what you told me to,can i have my free strings now???

Wayne alais Slick alais Arlin

Paul Graupp

Macon Ga USA
Post  Posted 1 Sep 2001 6:04 am    

Dave Seddon: You're making me homesick !! I used to play near you at a Base called (sp?) Bruntingthorpe, ever hear of it ?? When they closed the base down we played every club there from the Teen club to the Rod and Gun club. An awfully long weekend with a Fender 1000 but I'll never forget it.

The first time I went up there from RAF Fairford (on the farm), I saw mountains up ahead and I was anxious to get to them. Turned out to be a cloud bank and that night it took all night to get home in the fog.
Thanks for taking me back there !!

BTW, I was using a Fender Echophonic unit in those days and at one of the clubs, some young guys were wanting a demo of it so I obliged them. Wonder if they went on to be Beattles or something great ??

Regards, Paul

Gene Jones

Oklahoma City, OK USA, (deceased)
Post  Posted 1 Sep 2001 6:49 am    

Paul, so true...I'm sure that most of us when looking back probably have trouble identifying those with whom we "passed in the night" who went on to "fame".

When I was still in highschool I was called by some guy from a neighboring town who was working a little "beer joint" down by the railroad tracks and needed a steel player. I was a still a newby so I was so impressed that someone would hire me that I remembered his name.....It was Roger Miller from Erick, Oklahoma. www.genejones.com

Dave Seddon

Leicester, England.
Post  Posted 1 Sep 2001 7:40 am    

Paul
Bruntingthorpe is the closest Base to me, about 10 miles away. I have played many U.S. bases myself in the past, Heyford, Croughton, Mildenhall and Lakenheath to name just a few, but I never got to play Bruntingthorpe.
Dave.

Donny Hinson

Glen Burnie, Md. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2001 1:35 pm    

Bobbe is great! He talked to me for about an hour a couple of weeks ago. (No other famous player has done that in the last 35 years.)

Why, he even told me I was a "fine person"!

(Then I looked up "fine" in the dictionary, and it turns out it means "very small")

[This message was edited by Donny Hinson on 06 September 2001 at 02:36 PM.]

Lem Smith

Long Beach, MS
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2001 8:54 pm    

[This message was edited by Lem Smith on 07 September 2001 at 12:39 PM.]

Neil Flanz

Austin, Texas (deceased)
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2001 8:55 pm    

Great seeing you at the convention Bobbe. You sure are one heck of a nice person in my book.