The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  "Reece Overlooked Again"
Richard Gonzales

Davidson, NC USA
Post  Posted 31 Aug 2001 5:38 am    

If anyone made a formal nomination for Reece,
please Email me as I want to take a tally to see if it will agree with the SGHOF committee's tally. Thank You!

Mike Meese

Dover, Ohio, U S A GO BUCKEYES! (deceased)
Post  Posted 3 Sep 2001 10:15 am    

I don't believe it's decided by number of nominations received.

Congratulations Herby & Tom. Both are well deserving of the honor.

Mike Weirauch

Harrisburg, Illinois**The Hub of the Universe
Post  Posted 3 Sep 2001 10:39 am    

quote:
If anyone made a formal nomination for Reece,
please Email me as I want to take a tally to see if it will agree with the SGHOF committee's tally.

WHO CARES? We are NOT the nominating committee NOR are we a determining force for them. The more this CRAP goes on here, the less chance you will have to see your dream become reality. In plain English terms, your near sightedness and narrow mindedness pitted with elemintary arogance is PISSING OFF the powers that be! Take a hint and close this thread! THEY have the upper hand, NOT YOU!

Mike Cass

Post  Posted 3 Sep 2001 12:26 pm    

This kind of reminds me of the people who petition the U.S. Government for a more thorough investigation of the J.F.K. assassination.......not that I dont agree with them or you, but there is obviously SOME reason that their(& your) requests go unfullfilled.
"National Security" seems to be the Govt's standard line.....I for one would sure like to hear the SGHOF committiees' reason(s) for keeping 'Reece out, but sadly , as with J.F.K. we may never know the real truth.. ......Im not sure that Mr. Weirauch is correct in his assessment of your efforts as being a thorn in the committiees side.....but he may be correct that your protests are falling on deaf ears......(i.e. the "committiees"aural orifices)
In light of the rather large number of requests in the past regarding these topics one might surmise that the Board (& the Govt. ) could give a #@$//%&** what we think...
just my opinion.....
oh yeah, "Steel Guitar" (for bOb)

[This message was edited by Mike Cass on 03 September 2001 at 01:31 PM.]

Mike Weirauch

Harrisburg, Illinois**The Hub of the Universe
Post  Posted 3 Sep 2001 12:53 pm    

......Hmmmmmm. I'd like to know the truth behind the Kennedy assassination too!

Didja hear that Buddy Ebson push/pull that Charleton was playing?

Mike Cass

Post  Posted 3 Sep 2001 1:26 pm    

nope Mike, I didnt....had a gig in Ohio with Darrell McCall on Saturday.
Justin Trevino & Ron Knuth came up from Texas to pick with Darrell,Mona,Dixie & me.
Too country for Nashville .
Oh, btw, the Cubans & the CIA & the MOB seem to be the most potent suspects (w/ regards to JFK, not 'Reeces situation .)

Mike Perlowin

Los Angeles CA
Post  Posted 3 Sep 2001 4:13 pm    

This is as off topic as you can get, but last year mobster Joseph Bonanno (A.K.A. "Joe Bananas") who was 96 at the time, went on TV and confessed that the mob was behind the Kennedy assination. He specifically named names, and explained why it was done. He said that everybody involved, or that he could hurt, or that could possibly hurt him, was already dead, (as he would be in a year or two) and that it was time to tell the truth about what happened.

I saw the show myself.

Not that this has anything to do with Reece or the hall of fame or the steel guitar, but since you asked.....

Mike Cass

Post  Posted 3 Sep 2001 6:11 pm    

I've heard that story too about Joe B's theory.....unfortunately it doesnt explain away many things...the Mob may have pulled the trigger, but I guarantee you they didnt load the gun .
The mention of "Joe Bananas" reminds me of the time I was playing a gig in Brentwood, Tn @ Maryland Farms.
I wont mention the artist, but as I came back on the bus to cool off after soundcheck (it was a hot August afternoon & an outdoor gig),
I was confronted with the strangest mix of individuals I've ever seen in a front lounge, or anywhere, for that matter;....Dave Dudley, Joe Bananas, Charles Napier(actor, & the heavy in "Rambo"), my boss,"*** * ****"...& fresh from prison, G.Gordon Liddy !!!!!
I was assigned the bartender duties & let me tell you, their conversation was interesting to say the least !!!!! Our gig was something for the teamsters, so you figure it out .
I was tempted to ask about the whereabouts of one James R.Hoffa, but elected to remain silent .
Just a lil' reminiscing here, .
oh yeah..."Steel Guitar"...oops, sorry again bOb, .....could this qualify for a strange gig award???
or an Honorable Mention, at least?

[This message was edited by Mike Cass on 03 September 2001 at 07:18 PM.]

Don McClellan

California/Thailand
Post  Posted 3 Sep 2001 7:58 pm    

Hey Gonzo, give it a rest.

Richard Gonzales

Davidson, NC USA
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2001 4:00 am    

I want to THANK all of the Forumintes that took the time to Email me and to the few that
seems offended by this thread, I do not take offense to your unkind words as you do not understand to no fault of yours. This subject can never go away and should not go away until a wrong is made into a right.
Congratulations to Tommy Morell and Herby Wallace ( also a nice guy to do business)for their induction in 2001!

[This message was edited by Richard Gonzales on 04 September 2001 at 06:02 AM.]

[This message was edited by Richard Gonzales on 04 September 2001 at 06:03 AM.]

Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2001 5:42 am    

Deleted as my post was of little or no interest,,,,,sorry "La Merto" means "silence"
in Italian......

[This message was edited by Jody Carver on 04 September 2001 at 07:11 AM.]

chris ivey

california (deceased)
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2001 9:11 am    

most likely, you will all find that jfk's elimination was more of the 'black project' secrecy protection.....related to ET technology development. this has also been the choreographer of our modern wars.
check out http://www.disclosureproject.org

Randy Pettit

North Texas USA
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2001 9:36 am    

What a great thread! The ISGHOF/JFK/Reece Anderson connection. Do you think Reece is witholding info on the JFK assassination? Who's he protecting? After all, he was working in Oak Cliff at the time. Was Oswald really on his way to the MSA factory when he shot officer Tippitt? And if so, would Oswald have ordered a D-10 or the new S-12 Universal? I guess we'll never know...

David Wright

Pilot Point ,Tx USA.
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2001 11:01 am    

I know, But I'm not telling !!!!!

------------------
My Web Page
Sierra S-12 9&7
Peavey-2000-PX-300

Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2001 11:06 am    

Iam sitting here bent over laughing like hell
at Randy's post,,,,man that is funny as hell.
Randy,,,,you forgot to mention who it was on the "grassy knoll" the figure in the shadows.

I really think you have made this thread the way it should have been taken in the first place,,,it's really a funny thread and you Randy have really done it justice.

I originally posted that who are we to contradict the "powers to be" that make the decisions on who is to be elected.??

We have a total of (4) Mikes FOUR count em that have posted on this thread and they have a point even though Im sure it was done
with "tongue in cheek"

I deleted my comments because I too agree that too much of this can and will turn people off who are in a position to make a decision such as this.

I said I would be silent,,,but after seeing yur post Randy it just broke me up and I really appreciate your sense of humor.....
I think Maureece Anderson is a fine guy and an excellent player and Im sure you all agree
but I dont feel my comments re his induction into the HOF would mean anything.

Why he is not in?? I dont know,,,,will he ever get in?? I dont know that either,,I do know there are many people who feel he deserves that honor,,,I know I do as well.
Buy Im only one guy with an opinion and a microsoft keyboard,,,I cant sit here and play
"The Judge"...

Maybe this should go to trial and we could get Johnny Cochran,Barry Scheck, Robert Shapiro and the "dream team" to find out,,,,but then we have to worry about "the bloody glove" was there a connection with that as well as the Warren Commision's findings,,,,was "Zapruder" a fan of steel guitar?. Was Zapruder an MSA rep?

These things on the Forum are things I try to stay away from,,,,for obvious reasons,,they only cause hard feelings,,,,but I had to reply to your post Randy,,,I think its the best post I have ever seen,,,,,you have a great sense of humor and your comments though short and sweet were RIGHT ON......wished it took me that quick to say it,,,,Hey Ret Cop....did you know Im now president of the Buddy Rich Fan Club,,,,pays lousey but its a
blast......all you guys be well.....lets wish for the best for Reece,,,he does deserve
that,,,,, This is a great thread,,,,but I still think I was better off keeping quiet.
Im sure I will get some e mails after this,,,
Please no e mails during 6 & 8 pm Im having dinner,,,if you must leave word with my butler and I will reply in a reasonable amount of time,,,,,Hi Perlowin...Hi..Mike Cass
need to have my Emmons checked over....you guys can e mail me anytime of day or night.

Thought of this Randy.....they found chicken bones on the 6th floor or the Book Depository
building......did they find any discarded strings or finger picks?????

[This message was edited by Jody Carver on 04 September 2001 at 12:11 PM.]

Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2001 11:12 am    

Iam sitting here bent over laughing like hell
at Randy's post,,and I double posted and wet my pants sorry.....

[This message was edited by Jody Carver on 04 September 2001 at 12:19 PM.]

Ron Page

Penn Yan, NY USA
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2001 12:03 pm    

Well, I'm here bent over with laughter at Mike Weirauch accusing someone -- anyone -- of "narrow mindedness pitted with elemintary arogance... PISSING OFF the powers that be! "

I don't have a vote, but I do agree that it's one impressive wall of players even without Reece.

I would, however, that NORM HAMLET be added to that wall in short order!!! In fact I insist on it!!!! I'll be there next year, so that will be soon enough.

------------------
HagFan

[This message was edited by Ron Page on 04 September 2001 at 01:07 PM.]

Mike Cass

Post  Posted 4 Sep 2001 12:24 pm    

Randy,great post!! Oz was really on his way to Charley's Music to buy an old beat up 4 pedal Gibson Electraharp
....nothing as slick as a new MSA for him!!! but he caught the wrong bus.As for the Grassy Knoll shooter, I believe the MaryAnn Moorman pics show someone with a small single neck Bigsby lap steel behind the picket fence....I remember Bobbe Seymour telling me once that he was in the area at the time, no kidding, ask him !!!! .
btw, 'Reece did say in an interview once that he worked at one of Jack Ruby's clubs in Dallas or Ft. Worth for a time.He seems to be the only person around who's man enough to admit to knowing Ruby .
Frankly, I'm amazed that bOb has let this thread go on as long as it has ROFL!!!!!

[This message was edited by Mike Cass on 04 September 2001 at 01:44 PM.]

Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2001 12:55 pm    

This thread gets weirder and weirder,,,I think I can use some of you in my Fender Funnies book,,,,,,you guys are really great.

Mike as far as bOb moving this or closing the thread,,,I dont think he can without permission from the offices of Jim Garrison.

Rumor has it ,,,that fingerpicks "Nick Manoloff" were found outside of the Grasslands hospital,,,,know anyone who can play without "picks"?? I do,,,,,,lets hear from him...."this post is the most" and this
is "my last BLAST" lets get to the bottom of this,,,,,great knowing you guys....

Best to you
Lance Ito . Randy as Ralph Kramden would say to his wife Alice "You Are The Greatest"
and that you are.....

[This message was edited by Jody Carver on 04 September 2001 at 02:11 PM.]

Joey Ace

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2001 2:30 pm    

Quote:
Please no e mails during 6 & 8 pm Im having dinner

That's the same logic as Olivia Soprano refusing to answer the phone after dark.

Did anyone notice MSA spelled backwards contains the first two letters of assasinate?

Seriously, Maurice was in Dallas the day of the tragedy. You can read about it in his "MSA Story" on his website.

-j0e-

[This message was edited by Joey Ace on 04 September 2001 at 03:32 PM.]

Mike Cass

Post  Posted 4 Sep 2001 3:07 pm    

I just spoke with Bobbe & he now seems reluctant to discuss his whereabouts in Big D @ 12:30pm on 11-22-63...hmmmmmmm?????
Jody, email me as I dont have your email address. This is a good time to send your guitar to me.
btw, I recieved an email from Tom Bradshaw on this topic('Reece I mean )....,however I would STILL like to see 'Reece & Julian inducted into the ISGHOF.Also, Sonny Garrish, JayDee Maness,Sonny Burnette & others.
Im not so sure that copious ammounts of PSG courses & numerous appearances at PSG shows outweigh the visibility & contributions that 3 decades of recording & touring has provided,(in the case of JayDee & Sonny G.)....not to mention the impact that those recordings & performances have had on the PSG community.Again, just my opinion.
& my Congrats to Herby & Tom
Im all thru yakkin'now .

[This message was edited by Mike Cass on 04 September 2001 at 10:44 PM.]

Bobbe Seymour

Hendersonville TN USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2001 9:19 am    

Yes, as a lot of you know, I was very close to this tragidy in 1963(about one block). Yes ,I did hear the shots and so did the other guys working with me.--------A long and intresting story that I'll tell someday,to someone,somewhere.
Bobbe------(yep, four shots!)

b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2001 9:31 am    

Totally off topic. I'm closing this one.