The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Thanks TOMMY DETAMORE and Doug Sahm CD
Jelle Biel

the netherlands
Post  Posted 30 Aug 2001 3:14 am    

Tommy did send me 2CD,s with fantastic STEELPLAYING on it.This is great traditional country, A lot of shuffles. Tommy`s great playing is all over it WHAAUW!! Tommy has also co-poduced it with Doug. Those of you who knows Tommy`s playing know he,s SUPER!
the second CD is DUGG COLLINS
""SOUNDS like TEXAS"" with another FANTASTIC
steeler RANDY REINHARD and NOT forget the
fiddler ''a new Tommy Jackson"" by the name
BOBBY FLORES (brilliant)
AGAIN.....THANKS TOMMY (see you next year in our hometown groningen with CLAY??)
KOOS and JELLE

Todd Pertll

Chicago, Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 30 Aug 2001 7:55 am    

I just bought "The Return of Wayne Douglas", and find Tommy's playing to be amazing. I saw Tommy playing with Clay Blaker in a small club in Dallas a few weeks ago and was blown away. I took over the booth closest to him and watched him all night. A buddy of mine recommended the Doug Sahm record, and told me I wouldn't be disappointed.

Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 30 Aug 2001 10:11 am    

Hey Guys you are absolutely right about Tommy Detamore; he plays his "you know what off". But Tommy has now found the "holy grail"; in that, he is now playing a ShoBud Professional and if you haven't heard him play the ShoBud yet; all I can say is "OH MY GOSH".......I have not heard a better sound come from that man. His other guitars sounded fine in the past.."don't get me wrong".....but Tommy Detamore behind a ShoBud Professional...is one of the best match ups of the new Century Man.
This young man has found his nitch.... and look out steel playing world; it is a hard act to follow if you in his neck of woods.
Ricky

Bobbe Seymour

Hendersonville TN USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 30 Aug 2001 2:59 pm    

Tommy D.,you been holden out on me? You told me you were a tuba player! You have a CD out?
I thought we were friends? Well, I never!
All this and you are a Sho-Bud guy! I'm impressed. The price of you next guitar just went UP! Kipperlips,
(edited for spelling,and humor)

[This message was edited by BobbeSeymour on 30 August 2001 at 04:02 PM.]

[This message was edited by BobbeSeymour on 30 August 2001 at 04:03 PM.]

Tommy Detamore

Floresville, Texas
Post  Posted 30 Aug 2001 5:23 pm    

Aw, you guys!!! Thanks to all of you...Jelle, glad you got the CD's. Sorry it took me so long..Hey to Koos and Andre!
Todd, you shoulda said something. Next time come up and say hey!
Now Ricky, you been hittin' the sauce again? Hey y'all, I had my first gig ever with Redd Volkaert the other nite and I was nervous enough wanting to do a decent job and in walks Ricky and pulls up a chair right beside me. Redd on my left, Ricky on my right, big ears everywhere! It was great to see you, "Bud"! You know, I really feel like I have found my thing. (At least for this week!) I love the push pull sound too, but I have had several and while they were all good, I just can't seem to make them sound like all my pals can. Meanwhile, there is something about the Sho Bud "experience" that is resonating in me these days. The sound, the feel, the wood, the heritage...It's just such a cool thang...Now that Bobbe is fixin' me up with Bud #3,(This guy is a treasure, y'all!), I think I can quit worryin' about what kind of guitar I'm gonna play and just pick one and learn how to play it better!
Bobbe, just to clarify, it's not really my CD. I just helped produce it and slung a few sour licks all over it....

TD

Bobbe Seymour

Hendersonville TN USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 30 Aug 2001 6:26 pm    

I'm a Detamore fan!