The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Where in Michigan
Skip Cons - II

Lago Vista Texas
Post  Posted 22 Aug 2001 11:30 am    

I'll be in Michigan / Detroit - Troy area for a few weeks. Does anyone know if there are any Steel playing goin' on around here? tns ss

Pete Ballard

Detroit, MI, USA
Post  Posted 22 Aug 2001 12:16 pm    

Skip,

I'm playing in a duo called The Dead String Brothers. We play a stripped down brand of ambient alt-folk-rock (just guitar/steel/vocal). We'll be at the Whitney tomorrow night opening for an awesome country-rock band called The Orbitsuns. We'll also be at The Majestic this Sunday. Come on down. I'll be playing a beautiful early 70's Sho~Bud Pro II that I am not worthy of (actually, most of the time it plays me).
Both venues are in downtown Detroit. Send me an email if you need directions.

Pete

Danny Hullihen

Harrison, Michigan
Post  Posted 23 Aug 2001 3:16 am    

Skip. I'll be at Club 61 on the weekends(except Labor Day weekend)in Temple, Michigan. Email me for details if you would like to come to the club.

Tim Rowley

Pinconning, MI, USA
Post  Posted 24 Aug 2001 11:08 pm    

Skip,

Skeeter Klott, myself, probably Ollie Strong, possibly Jim Vest, and very likely a couple well-known road steelers and maybe a local player or two will be at Prairieville Farm Days, Delton MI, this coming week and on through Labor Day. The show grounds are located approximately 18 miles northeast of Kalamazoo MI just off state route M-43. The Michigan Country Music Hall of Fame is there, you can eat ice cream and midway food, check out the exhibits, watch the horse and tractor pulls, flea market, etc. Admission to the grounds is $5.00 per day plus a few dollars to get in to the music shows, but it's worth the money. It's about 2 hours northwest of Detroit via I-94 to Kalamazoo, take Sprinkle Rd. exit right to M-43, turn right and follow M-43 till you get there.

Tim R.