The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Concerning Bobbe Seymour
Roger Rettig

Naples, FL
Post  Posted 18 Aug 2001 12:47 pm    

I had a dozen .011s from Bobbe and they've ALL broken....
Ok, it was two years ago, and he did give them to me, but still......

Bob Hempker

Goodlettsville, TN.
Post  Posted 18 Aug 2001 2:59 pm    

I've known Bobbe Seymour for 30+ years. We've dealt on countless guitars, amplifiers, accessories, strings, and things I can't even remember. Bobbe has always been fair and honest with me, and I can say nothing but good things about the man. He is a dear friend, and I am proud to call him my friend. I taught in his store in the early to mid eighties. Bobbe never charged me a dime of commission for using a room in the back of his store to teach in. If asked a question, you will get an honest answer, and maybe not the one you want to hear. I appreciate people like that. There aren't very many of them in this world. Oh, and Bobbe thanks for the ride to the hotel a couple of weeks ago.

------------------

Mike Perlowin

Los Angeles CA
Post  Posted 19 Aug 2001 12:36 am    

Quote:
I don't care or want to know about his personal life's travails.

I WANNA KNOW!! All these testimonials about how honest he is and what a great guy he is to do business with (which I can add to) are BORING. I wanna hear some DIRT.

Hey Bobbe, is that story true about you and the 4 cocktail waitresses and the bowling ball and the live chicken?

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 19 Aug 2001 1:41 am    

Live chicken? The version I heard involved a gerbil.

Anne Marie O Keeffe

Co.Waterford,Ireland.
Post  Posted 19 Aug 2001 2:48 am    

ROTFL.........want to get a good old juicy rumour started....just call Mike and Jim.

[This message was edited by Anne Marie O Keeffe on 19 August 2001 at 03:55 AM.]

Gary Boyett

Colorado
Post  Posted 19 Aug 2001 5:22 am    

C'mon guys, he is going to read this and his head is going to swell up again so big it won't fit in the airplane. Then he will miss the I.S.G.C. This already happened once this year. (remember Dallas) Jus kiddin Bobbe. You are a great guy and I don't pay any attention to that rumor of you and Pee Wee Herman going to movies together.

Tommy Minniear

Logansport, Indiana
Post  Posted 19 Aug 2001 11:18 am    

Bobbe's is a place that I always stop when I am in Nashville. Over the years I have had several dealings with him. I have always found him to be fair. I was in dire need of a case awhile back, but tight on money; I called the store and explained my situation. Two days later UPS delivered a nice used case. I have dealt with him in every area, from buying strings, tapes, etc. to selling him one my steels. When I need anything pertaning to steel guitar; I call Bobbe first.

------------------
Tommy Minniear

Neil Flanz

Austin, Texas (deceased)
Post  Posted 19 Aug 2001 5:39 pm    

Hi. I Just thought I'd add my two cents worth. I've known Bobbe since we first met in Nashville years and years ago and I have always considered him a good friend as well as a great person to do business with. He recommended me to a group that he used to play with in Nashville called the Kelly-Rogers Breed that worked at a big club called the Broadway Barn (now defunct) and I was with them for a long time. He also recommended me for the six week Gram Parsons tour as his work in town made it impossible to accept the gig. I can't speak highly enough of him and am looking forward to seeing him in St. Louis this year.

Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 19 Aug 2001 6:13 pm    

I remember the first time I walked into Bobbe's store in November of 1999. Jeannie was the only one there and she did a wonderful job helping me find my guitar. I met Bobbe in December of 1999, and we became good buddies. I'm amazed at how Bobbe and Jeannie helped me with my guitar. Way to go, Bobbe and Jeannie! Brett Day, Emmons S-10
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Joe Casey

Weeki Wachee .Springs FL (population.9)
Post  Posted 21 Aug 2001 3:33 am    

Damn: All this great testimonial and the guy is still alive.Must be true, but fellas I got to warn ya He told me personally he ain't giving out no more free Guitars.So lets get back to down and Dirty..Now watch someone take me serious.BoBBe never does

------------------
CJC

John Floyd

R.I.P.
Post  Posted 21 Aug 2001 5:47 am    

Bobbe is like that light in the Fridge, not too bright, but always on

Now someone will try to tell me that it goes off when you close the door, Prove it.

Seriously, his heart is in the right place, Same place as everybody elses

Keep studying that Spelling book Bobbe, it will sink in someday.

------------------
John

Harry Hess

Blue Bell, PA., USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 21 Aug 2001 7:13 pm    

As well as being a very talented musician, Bobbe Seymour is an aggressive business man. You gotta be an aggressive person to succeed with your own business, let alone a steel guitar business...duh. But this kind of personality rubs some people wrong. You can never please everybody. There will always be somebody who doesn't like you. Bobbe said something once that offended me and I let him know my feelings. He agreed and admitted his possible insensetivity in making the remark. He is only human like all of the rest of us. Bobbe is a big personality, bound to offend the more timid among us. But big personalities are usually accompanied by big hearts, and more than a few attest to the size of his. I don't want to hear any more whining about Bobbe. I say keep on keepin' on Bobbe, pay no mind to the naysayers. BTW Bobbe, in the coming months I will be visiting Nashville and hope to drop in and meet you.

Regards,
HH

Pat Burns

Branchville, N.J. USA
Post  Posted 21 Aug 2001 7:27 pm    

...LET's ALL GATHER AT THE RIIIIVERRR, THE BEAUUUUUTIFUL, BEAUUUUUTIFUL RIIIVERRR....hmmm? What? Oh, he's not? Was he at least sick? No? Ooops. Sorry, Folks. Carry on....