The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Go RICKY DAVIS and DALE WATSON!!!
Dave Alfstad

Indianola, IA USA
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2001 9:42 am    

Just recieved Dale's new live cd titled "Preachin' To The Choir". Ricky, you simply kick a$$ on this recording and Dale and his Lone Stars are at their finest! 2 cd's full of the greatest honky tonk music around. I've never seen them live (always wanted to) but now that I have this recording, I've got a pretty good idea of what I'm missin' out on. Ricky and Dale do a lot of killer twin stuff! Ricky, I love the sound of your Sho~Bud. It sure must have been fun to make this record, because it sounds like you guys are having a blast!
It's great to buy a new cd that gets me excited! Y'all ought to RUN out and get this cd NOW!!!
I got mine from miles of music

Dave Alfstad

[This message was edited by Dave Alfstad on 16 August 2001 at 10:44 AM.]

Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2001 9:51 am    

Hey Dave thanks for the ultra kind words pal.
Yes we did have a blast cutting that in London. This was the time when I actually left the Dale Watson band as he was out on a 2 month tour. He called me from London and asked if he flew me over there; would I cut on this live CD with him....of course I said yes...I can't turn down my best friend .
It was amazing after we have'nt even played together for a month or so; that we just jumped right in perfectly where we left off. There is no overdubs and we both played through Fender Twins and it was the best live performance this band has ever done to date and the sound is as good as anything live, I have ever heard.
Now this is the European release that you have and the U.S. release will be out 1st of next year; and will have a few cuts that are'nt on that one; like> "Bright Lights and Blonde Haired Women".....and it is a killer cut of that song we did.....Dale just sings his you know what off on everything.
Thanks again and thanks for buying that and enjoy.
Ricky