The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Closed at authurs request?
Bobbe Seymour

Hendersonville TN USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 31 Jul 2001 9:50 pm    

Nice story Steve,Who do you think wrote that book (in Part) and had full permission to sell all the copys he needed to to regain his originl INVESTMENT!What royaltys were paid to him from the Emmons co.? You seem to know a lot about nothing.What was his original deal with the Emmons co. ? What was your feable excuse you used to get your money back after you copyed the whole book? Whos the real crook here? You or the guy your badmouthing that you wouldn't confront with honesty to his face? I think you just made every dealers blacklist in the country. Not that it pertains to you I'm sure! Is this a great forum or what?
Now lets have fun

[This message was edited by BobbeSeymour on 31 July 2001 at 10:54 PM.]

[This message was edited by BobbeSeymour on 01 August 2001 at 04:58 AM.]

[This message was edited by BobbeSeymour on 01 August 2001 at 05:00 AM.]

chas smith

Encino, CA, USA
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2001 12:16 am    

quote:
in the case of collectable items that had sold dozens of years ago for say $100.00 but now are valued at over say
$1000.00. why should the builder, designer, producer, artist, writer and so on recieve or not recieve additional monies
for the new "market price"..

From what I can tell, this isn't what we're talking about. I wasn't aware that the used materials that Tom wanted had appreciated in value, in that case it would be cheaper for him to buy the new ones.
The point I wanted to make was, if the materials are availabe and if you can afford them, then I think it is appropriate to purchase them from the original vender if for no other reason than to show your support for their efforts.

Pat Burns

Branchville, N.J. USA
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2001 6:00 am    

...and Chas, I'll accept your disclaimer about the poor choice of words and bad example, I know you said those things half in jest...but I was making a point, too, that it's an ironic twist of human nature that we can advocate both ethical goodness and a total lack of ethics in the same breath, depending on the recipient of our good will or ill will...

..a twist of human nature that I possess as well as most of us, I'm just as guilty of hypocrisy as the rest of us from time to time, but as Bobbe points out, this topic is as much about human nature as it is about copyrights..

(but for the record, S'ing over your insurance company is unethical in my opinion, but it is also a criminal act in all 50 states, no different that by-passing your electric meter, climbing the pole to connect your cable TV and phone, driving through the toll booth without paying, walking out of the store with merchandise without paying...same thing.)

Bobby Boggs

Upstate SC.
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2001 7:01 am    

Dang Steve,you've done it now.Made every dealers Blacklist. .Boy you've steped in it now. .I guess I'll be next.But I just had to respond.We need a smily face for scared.----bb

Steve Feldman

Central MA USA
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2001 7:29 am    

Quote:
Made every dealers Blacklist.

Nope. Just one.

Ray Jenkins

Gold Canyon Az. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2001 7:35 am    

I've got a P/P Emmons Serial# 1143D.I paid $900.00 for it.It is now for sale for $40,000.I promise I will give BE and Emmons Guitar Co.$1000.00 each in royalties.Would that be fair?
Ray

------------------
Steeling is still legal in Arizona

Larry Bell

Englewood, Florida
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2001 7:47 am    

Ray,
I've got a couple of nice old push-pull guitars I'd like for you to sell for me.

------------------
Larry Bell - email: larry@larrybell.org - gigs - Home Page
1969 Emmons S-12 6x6, 1971 Emmons D-10 9x9, 1971 Dobro

Mike Weirauch

Harrisburg, Illinois**The Hub of the Universe
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2001 8:04 am    

Damn, sell my wife for half of that and I'll pay her parents royalty!!!!

Bobbe Seymour

Hendersonville TN USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2001 8:48 am    

A very positive thread was just started by Bob D. on this page,it has to do with the promotion of steel guitar! This is what we need to focus on, not this stupid thread I started!
Bobbe!