The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  What's going on in Nashville this weekend?
Chad Karnitz

Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
Post  Posted 30 Jul 2001 5:09 pm    

I'm headed for Nashville this weekend and besides the Grand Ole Opry and the Time Jumpers, what other kinds of steel guitar-related music is going on? Anybody know if Paul Franklin or any of the other steel greats are playing? Could anyone recommend some bars or neat shops to check out?

Thanks in advance.

Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 31 Jul 2001 1:38 am    

Hey Chad; I will be with the Dale Watson band after we play the Opry; outside playing the Opry Plaza outdoor event...probably start about 9:00 on Fri...and I think we are playing Sat too....but we are playing on the Grand ole opry stage both Fri and Sat. so come on out.
Ricky

Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 31 Jul 2001 7:22 am    

Chad, as far as shops go, check out Bobbe Seymour's Steel Guitar Nashville in Goodlettsville, Tennessee. It's my all-time favorite music store. Bobbe sells almost any steel you can think of. Emmons, Sho-Bud, Zumsteel, GFIs, Derbys. He also sells pac-seats, amps, bars, picks, strings, steel videos, and cds. Brett Day, Emmons S-10
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Mike Jones

Goodlettsville,TN,USA
Post  Posted 31 Jul 2001 8:25 am    

If you get a chance go to the Homeplate Restaurant and Lounge on Nolensville RD. The band there plays all the good old country stuff and plays it real well. They don't have a steel player but from time to time they have players that set in. They work from 9 - 1 Thursday, Friday, Sat. and 7-11 on Sunday.

Mike "Cookie" Jones

Rick Collins

Claremont , CA USA
Post  Posted 31 Jul 2001 8:28 am    

Hey Brett,

That's good advertizing. Send Bobbe a bill.

Rick

Earl Erb

Old Hickory Tenn
Post  Posted 31 Jul 2001 4:05 pm    

I guess the Long Hollow Jamboree in Goodlettesville is in a black hole. I don't know how many times I've mentioned the place where me and BIG JIM MURPHY plays on Saturday nights from 7:30 to 11:00.We have a pretty good band and a great steel player too.Come on guys its not that hard to find and its not a beer joint.Bring your families and you can sit in too.