The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2  Next
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  The Rest of The Msa Story
Richard Gonzales

Davidson, NC USA
Post  Posted 3 Jul 2001 12:09 pm    

THE REST OF THE MSA STORY

I have been associated with the steel guitar my entire life. Like most of you I'm addicted to it's captivating sound. My background is that of an engineer, and I have owned my own business for many years.

Because of my love for the instrument I began reading the forum and have enjoyed it and appreciate all the insights it has provided. I congratulate and appreciate Bobby for making the forum available to us all.

Coming from an engineering background I have always questioned anything I did not understand. This type of reasoning is why I became actively engaged with the reasons as to why Reece Anderson was not inducted into the hall of fame many years ago. At first each subtle inquiry I made left me with more questions than answers. I also soon learned that most everyone appeared to be avoiding the question, which was also difficult for me to comprehend.

The more dead ends I encountered the more determined I became to find the answers. I finally took the approach of going straight to the source, and somewhat surprisingly I soon received full disclosure from both parties. This was so easy to accomplish I wondered why no one had ever asked them before. It could be because each were weary of the continous stream of controversy, it could be each was concerned the other would respond and their side would not be considered, or each might have thought their failure to take part in the investigation would have negative consequences.

I have accomplished my intentions and found what I and many of you have wanted to know based solely on the information presented which was represented by both parties to be considered as total. My findings will remain strictly confidential except within the boundries so stated within the last paragraph of this statement. With this in mind I see no need for further comment from me concerning this matter.

I received a full disclosure both from Mr. Anderson and his accuser. Full disclosure from Mr. Anderson's accuser had been sent to a man in Flordia who was looking into the matter. The man in Florida very appropriately sent the package to Mr. Anderson and then Mr. Anderson sent it to me. I have since received an addition to Mr. Anderson's accuser's material which also was forwarded to me from Mr. Anderson.

After I received full disclosure from both sides my investigation included sorting through all materials, piecing it together and contacting individuals, some of whom were named within the material submitted. In addition through this entire investigation I asked questions of both men and always received a prompt reply.

I have determined that in fairness to both men, I will send them my findings, and if either or both wish to share them, that will be their decision. We should expect the one who has failed to present proof will immediately begin a campaign to discredit my investigation, which is most certainly his right to do so. Both men knew going into this investigation the truth would reveal itself. The entire story according to each has been presented and my findings were determined in a professional investigative manner while respecting the rights of each.

Sincerely,

Richard

b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 3 Jul 2001 1:02 pm    

I won't stand for any more name-calling here, James.

I also feel that calling Tom Bradshaw "the accuser" is not quite fair. Anderson and Bradshaw have both accused each other of wrong-doing. If you want to call him "Reece's accuser", fine.

I urge everyone to read the agreement before posting to this thread. I'm getting sick of all of the mud slinging from supporters on both sides of this issue.

The principals have, to their credit, not brought their dispute to this Forum. I'm glad, because the statements I've read from both of them clearly fall into the "defamatory" category.

Others, however, have insisted on dragging this Forum into controversy, to the degree that it is now referenced in both men's documents. I want to be perfectly clear here: I will not stand for defamation of character here on the Forum. No more name-calling. I will delete posts and yank accounts if I have to.

------------------

-b0b-   quasar@b0b.com
-System Administrator

C Dixon

Duluth, GA USA
Post  Posted 3 Jul 2001 2:24 pm    

Praise GOD b0b!

Finally we may get a stop put to this foolishness! This is a case of two individuals. It has NOTHING to do with this forum NOR the ISGC NOR the HOF! Let these individuals fight it in court if necessary. It has simply gone too far.

I sincerely hope any more references to this cesspool will be deleted so we all can get back to talking about steel guitar and good things related to it.

Enough is enough!

Thank you,

carl

BJ Bailey

Jackson Ms,Hinds
Post  Posted 3 Jul 2001 3:12 pm    

It has been brought to my attention,if we are ever going to make any headway toward the induction of Reece in to the HOF.We all must first fill out the form that Scotty has provided,on the HOF websight.It is there that our voice ,or vote will be taken into concideration.I,have read all the information from both party's .I have searched my heart with an open mind .So I will pass my judgment in a form to The HOF for the induction of Maurice Anderson into the HOF.

------------------
BJ Bailey

Bobbe Seymour

Hendersonville TN USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 3 Jul 2001 3:34 pm    

Wow! I've never! A disagreement on the forum?This can't happen! What I'm trying to say is "don't bark to loud if you don't know what your barking about"----I'm seeing a lot of barkers on this matter that have no idea whats going on. We should all read bObs post and take it to heart. Bless you bOb,is this a great forum or what!
Bobbe------mSa--The rest of the story

[This message was edited by BobbeSeymour on 03 July 2001 at 07:21 PM.]

Steve Feldman

Central MA USA
Post  Posted 3 Jul 2001 3:42 pm    

I say we move this discussion over to the Viper Pit, where it belongs!

Jason Odd

Stawell, Victoria, Australia
Post  Posted 3 Jul 2001 4:31 pm    

As an admirer of both Tom and Reece I find this rather distressing, I understand people wanting to find out things and deal with them in a factual and impartial way, but the adversarial approach of siding with one or the other just doesn't sit quite right with me.

Kevin Mincke

Farmington, MN (Twin Cities-South Metro) USA
Post  Posted 3 Jul 2001 4:35 pm    

"Well if ya mind yer own business then you won't be mindin' mine"........& this is why we get the calls we do in my line of work!

slick

Calhoun Georgia
Post  Posted 3 Jul 2001 4:59 pm    

Bobbe,
That's MSA not mSa!!!Dont blame the guitar for all this.I respect you and your guitar,
please respect me and my guitar.

Wayne

Bobbe Seymour

Post  Posted 3 Jul 2001 5:03 pm    

Steve, Jason ,Kevin, Your all so very very correct! We should all stay out of it and leave it alone and then it will go away.
Let the HOF deal with this matter.It's their job. Let me put it this way, What real diffrence does it make whether one is in the HOF or not? Does he get more money for something, more food,more sex,more shows,more what? Recognition you say,where do you spend that? What does it really matter unless your really vain. I really need a good explaination on this one.All this fighting and argueing and for what? Really! Come on, what kind of contest is this anyway? Is it just something we can divide up and fight over? Hall of Fame,whats the big deal, WOW! You may say, You wouldn't say that if you were in it. Well, I hope I would, I hope my vanity wouldn't cloud my perception of reality. But I could brag about having my picture on a wall in the basement of a hotel in St.Louis!,Naw, I hardly ever go there, just once ayear at the most.why look at the guys picture on the wall? He'll be up stairs playing anyway and I'd rather see him live. Most of the guys in there today arn't much more famous than you guys on the forum anyway. ask little Brett who he's heard of the most! Probibly
Smilly and Mike Wierich,Maybe they should be in the HOF! Now before everyone takes this post to heart and gets mad,Iv'e said It all in humor.If you wish to see some fact or some silliness in it fine,but If you get mad over it , your just looking for trouble and will find it anywhere anyway. Hey, just lay back,It's a wonderful life out here, its gonna happen with or without you!Sooooo,enjoy it !
Bobbe

Bobbe Seymour

Post  Posted 3 Jul 2001 5:13 pm    

Slick, you don't understand, The first MSA emblem ever was an oval with the"m" and "a" not having as much room at the sides of the oval as the "S" in the middle. This was a historic way of writing mSa and has nothing to do with a lack of respect for the other two partners.This is a classic case of you not knowing your mSa history Slick. I have a mSa in stock now to prove what im saying. This has NOTHING with importance of partners or anything of the kind,Just the way we designed the oval. I do feel now with our friendship that you were kidding me and putting me on anyway so get off my case and come up and I'll buy lunch next time, you old fox! Lov ya , Bobbe

[This message was edited by BobbeSeymour on 03 July 2001 at 07:24 PM.]

jay thompson

east peoria, il USA
Post  Posted 3 Jul 2001 6:01 pm    

Great response b0b,

It is time for those who disagree with the HOF board to start their own. Some do not understand that they are not the Board and wish to rewrite the rules to impose their own favorites upon the Board.

As to the detective work, no big deal, been there, done that. I was satisfied with what I learned. No need to try to make a big deal of it.

Soon those involved will reconcile their differences and all will be well. Maurice, please step forward.

I ,to, believe Julian, Maurice and, a host of other players are destined to be in the HOF but, lets not cheapen the honor by trying to convince the Board to induct every one's favorite this year.

Looking forward to the announcement of this years inductees at the convention.

Once again, a great Forum b0b.

Best regards,
Jay Thompson

slick

Calhoun Georgia
Post  Posted 3 Jul 2001 6:30 pm    

Bobbe,
Whatdathik im stupid? I knew that about the
mSa-MSA,i was just tryin to get you all riled
up you ole coot.Lunch is on you next time for
sure.I didnt drive 400 miles just to hear you
play,drove all the way back to Georgia hungry,what a bummer.

Wayne alias Slick alias Arlin

slick

Calhoun Georgia
Post  Posted 3 Jul 2001 6:34 pm    

I have no idea what that first word was,i been takin spellin lessions from Bobbe.

Wayne

slick

Calhoun Georgia
Post  Posted 4 Jul 2001 7:29 am    

Cmon Bobbe,
Disagree with him,Whatsthematterwithyou.

Wayne

Bobbe Seymour

Post  Posted 4 Jul 2001 7:57 am    

Sorry I'm so late getting back to argue and fight with you dummys,but the truth is that I really love you two to much to let anyone else think that I'm serious about disagreeing with either of you.I'd argue with you but I don't want the world to think I'm serious about it. I said this twice so there would be no misunderstanding . Retcop and Slick,what would I do without you guys,
I just figured out what I'd do without Mike Wierach,-Lead a happy normal life! ha ha ha ! (did I say that I'd buy lunch? oh well) Bobbe

Steel tryin

Macon, Ga.
Post  Posted 10 Jul 2001 8:18 am    

EVERYONE admires Reeces MASTERY
and CONTRIBUTION to the otherwise
extremely SMALL world of Steel Guitar.
Is not the SGHOF irrelevant in this
one instance. Please let it rest.

Bobbe Seymour

Post  Posted 10 Jul 2001 8:29 pm    

Huh?

Fred Jack

Bastrop, Texas 78602
Post  Posted 11 Jul 2001 4:47 am    

me too bobbe...huh???

Mylos Sonka

Larkspur CA USA
Post  Posted 11 Jul 2001 2:11 pm    

You go b0b!!

I'll tell you, if there was less mud-slinging and rumor-mongering in Washington, from both sides of the aisle, we'd have half our problems solved out of the gate. I nominate b0b as Absolute Dictator of the Washington Press Corps!

I have known both of these men for a number of years now, and I would testify anywhere, anytime, on behalf of the character of either one of them. Sometimes people of strong moral fiber tend to be a little too judgmental and a little less than flexible when they feel they have been wronged, and maybe hypersensitive to attacks on their character. Dollars to donuts says that is what has happened here, at least a good part of it.

Since reasonable people differ on the question, and since this is still supposed to be a country wherein people are presumed innocent, this situation should have no bearing on Reece's consideration for the SGHOF. If it does have a bearing, it does not reflect discredit on Reece, but on the SGHOF.

I say put him in the SGHOF. Let a court of law deal with the other matter, if you can't let it go, but keep it out of my face. My pal Vance Terry was by some standards as morally compromised by drug and alcohol addiction as anyone you are ever likely to meet, but people like Reece Anderson and Bobby Koefer and others never stopped praying for him, partly because they recognized his genius but also because they were able to see deeper than others were often willing to look. I am not an especially religious person myself, but I do know the difference between someone who treats the lowly as Christ would, and someone who just goes to church on Sundays.

You don't have to wear a gold cross to be a Christian-- hell, you can even be a Buddhist and be a Christian if you ask me-- and you don't have to have your name on a brass plaque in St. Louis to be one of the greatest steel players in the world.

Forgive the SGHOF. Here endeth the lesson. Bobbe, the soapbox is yours again.

Mylos Sonka

Bobbe Seymour

Post  Posted 11 Jul 2001 2:16 pm    

Huh?

Jerry Hayes

Virginia Beach, Va.
Post  Posted 12 Jul 2001 11:12 am    

My thought on this whole thing is as follows: I think Reece should have been in the HOF a long time ago before some who are there. Whatever he's accused of has no bearing on him not being elected to this "Honor". He's made contributions to the Steel Guitar World such as his use of a Universal tuning 30 or more years ago. His playing ability needs nothing from me it speaks for itself with it's greatness. He manufactured a precision quality steel guitar while others were still experimenting with their's. MSA's quality back then is probably equal to what's out there today.
To me this is kind of like the Pete Rose thing in baseball. Pete should be in the baseball HOF too. What he did on the field should be the only criteria for his election just as Maurice's contributions should be the only criteria for his entry to the HOF.

------------------
Have a good 'un! JH U-12

bob drawbaugh

scottsboro, al. usa
Post  Posted 12 Jul 2001 12:30 pm    

If any of you have ever been in business for yourself at some point you were in a deal that went bad. No matter what you did you could not please the customer. If this is the standard we use as to who will be in the hall of fame, well most of the people in business should not be in their. I have heard stories on every dealer that deals in steel guitars from people that felt they had been cheated. But I know every one of these dealers did all they could to please the customer. But once you feel you have been done wrong it's hard to get over that. Whats the Bibles say,"judge not least you be judged". Who can say huh to that, not me!

Jerry Horner

Tahlequah, OK, USA
Post  Posted 12 Jul 2001 12:49 pm    

Well said Bob.
MSA S12

Gene Jones

Oklahoma City, OK USA, (deceased)
Post  Posted 12 Jul 2001 2:30 pm    

Jerry, let me preface my comment by saying that I am a supporter of Reece for the HOF, but to quote your analogy about Pete Rose:

"To me this is kind of like the Pete Rose thing in baseball. Pete should be in the baseball HOF too. What he did on the field should be the only criteria for his election"

I tend to also agree with you about Pete, but there are exceptions. What about O.J.?
www.genejones.com

[This message was edited by Gene Jones on 12 July 2001 at 03:32 PM.]