The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Cd Slow Down
Bob Boydd

Moreno Valley, Calif.
Post  Posted 22 Mar 2000 8:32 am    

I know about Roni Music's Musician's CD player where you can take a CD slow it down and change the pitch at will. My question is are there any other programs that do this as well. It worries me to send 50.00 cash to somewhere in Sweden. That's a long way to try and get service or your money back if it's a scam.

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 22 Mar 2000 6:11 pm    

I've seen several shareware type programs that do that. How well they do it is debateable. Most of them I've tried didn't work too well (the reason they are shareware) or a lot of the program was crippled because it was shareware and you couldn't really try it out.

Go to harmony central, they have several on their download site. Some of the other download sites such as download.com may have some too.

erik

Post  Posted 23 Mar 2000 2:48 pm    

i've seen these click here for under $200. don't know if a 16% reduction is enough for you.

erik

Post  Posted 23 Mar 2000 2:51 pm    

it says pitch but not speed. maybe it wouldn't work for you anyways. sorry.

Bob Boydd

Moreno Valley, Calif.
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2000 3:49 pm    

Thanks Jack and Erik, a friend called and assured me about the Roni Music, so I've ordered it. You can slow a CD down from 1% to 600%. Also change to any key, which is great for me since I play a D tuning. Slowing down by 600% leaves enough time to go and get a sandwich in between notes.
Thanks again,
Bob

Bob Boydd

Moreno Valley, Calif.
Post  Posted 24 Mar 2000 12:58 pm    

I've just installed the Roni Music System and it's GREAT!! No need to re-tune my guitar anymore to pick along with a CD, you can tune the CD up or down in 1/2 steps, full steps and cents. Anyone interested can obtain a sample of the program by searching Musicians CD player or Roni Music. The sample will last 30 days or 50 commands, all for free. Try it.