The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Sysex Program for Peavey Transtube Fex
Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 22 Mar 2000 3:45 am    

Has anyone come across a program that really works with the Peavey's?? I've found some Sysex programs and I've been able to do some commands, but it's been a hassle and convoluted to get anything. I've found a lot of programs for other midi controller devices but nothing for Peavey.

I'd like to be able to transfer the user memory to my PC and then convert it to a readable form and store it. Then be able to reload the Transtube Fex from the PC.

Dan Dowd

Paducah, KY, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 22 Mar 2000 5:50 am    

Hey Jack, I asked Peavey a while back the same question. They answered me in their forum. It was a program that could be downloaded off the net. I will go to their forum and see if I can find it. If I recall it was under effects processors and had my name with it.

Dan Dowd

Paducah, KY, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 22 Mar 2000 9:25 am    

I went to the pv forum and the post is not there. However I thought that cakewalk would do sysex files and also do dumps to and from.

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 22 Mar 2000 9:39 am    

Dan, there's a lot of programs that will do Sysex, however how they do it or how well, or how useful the form of data is my problem.

Dave Van Allen

Doylestown, PA , US , Earth
Post  Posted 24 Mar 2000 11:27 am    

Jack, it sounds like you want a patch editor specifically tailored to the Peavy unit, that would take a "sysex dump" from the PV and diplay it on the screen with editable parameters, and could also save to disk.

There may be a freeware or shareware version of such a thing, but more likely a commercial editor will be necessary.

I was gonna suggest Emagic SoundDiver but I just went to their site and the TransTubeFex is not listed among the Peavey products supported- only some of their Synths.

Hmmm... a challenge.

I'll look in Cakewalk when I get home to see if it's listed in the supported instrument definitions for Peavey within CW. I kinda doubt it...

sounds like maybe a message to Mike Brown is in order-he may know of an existing editor that will work with the unit, or know what they use in the factory setups; if they publish the MIDI Sysex definition data for the unit (and most MIDI manufacturers do), a competent programmer should be able to write a patch editor...eh, b0b??

------------------

"I AM ZUMBODY!"

Zumsteel U12 "Loafer" 8&6
www.voicenet.com/~vanallen/
ICQ 42635125