The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Front Page 2000 Help Needed
Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 1 Mar 2000 5:25 am    

I'm trying to build my web page with FP2000 and need some help. I don't seem to have much luck placing items on the page. e.g I want some hyperlink buttons on the left side and then place other items on the right side (graphics and characters) that can be placed independently of the what's on the left. I don't want to use frames as I understand some browsers can't handle frames.

It's obviously just a setup problems, but I haven't found anything in the help file that really helps me.

Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 1 Mar 2000 7:36 am    

I use FrontPage 98. Basically, if you can only enter the button to the left and space over and insert whetever.

Most people are using browsers that support frames, I wouldn't be too worried about that.

------------------
Carter D10 8p/10k
www.sinkler.com

Ernie Renn

Brainerd, Minnesota USA
Post  Posted 2 Mar 2000 9:19 am    

Jack;
Create a border. You can put it on the top, bottom, left or right. Front Page is what I've been using all along. Look at any page at WWW.BUDDYEMMONS.COM, I used a bottom border. You don't have to use frames.
You can also select a different type of page format when you select "new". I use different ones. I'm not at home right now, or I'd go see what one I use for what and tell you. E-mail me if you have questions. I'm no wiz, but have been using it for a while, and may have an answer if you have a question. Good luck!

------------------
My best,
Ernie

The Official Buddy Emmons Website
www.buddyemmons.com

[This message was edited by Ernie Renn on 02 March 2000 at 09:19 AM.]

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 2 Mar 2000 12:57 pm    

Ernie, what I want to do is something similar to what I have now. The current page was created with IXLA Web Easy, but I don't have access to that anymore and the way IXLA assembles the page is screwy. I'd also have to completely redo the page, even if I had the program as I no longer have the original web page generation data (I had to rebuild my hard drive and lost the data in the process).

My page is http:home/earthlink.net/~jestoner

Jonathan Cullifer

Gallatin, TN
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2000 8:56 am    

Another way is to use a table. If you don't want the page to look like a table, just set the border to 0. Align everything how you would like it, and off you go!

Ernie Renn

Brainerd, Minnesota USA
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2000 2:44 pm    

Jack;
I think you can have it exactly the way you had. Go to each page and in IE 5 click "file" then select "save as" click ok. This saves your page, as is. Then in Front Page import the pages. You may have to rename the graphics. Give it a try and let me know if it works for you.

------------------
My best,
Ernie

The Official Buddy Emmons Website
www.buddyemmons.com

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2000 2:52 pm    

Ernie, I had already tried that. FP2K will open the file, but I can't move everything around on the page to center it up. One of the problems with the IXLA "Web Easy" is that when you access the page it does a compile on it, and links everything together. FP2K sees all the additional code when it imports the page.

I'll have to build the web all over from scratch. I guess I'll revise the pages and go with a different format. Thanks for the help.