The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Effects with the BB
Larry Behm

Mt Angel, Or 97362
Post  Posted 2 Sep 2004 3:46 am    

So far I have noticed that my effects really stand out with the BB plugged in. My harmonizer loves it, and the delay can also really be heard more distinctly. Because the notes are cleaner and clearer anything around that note is also cleaner and clearer.

My Boss Tone is not to happy, the distortion is there but it is "too" clean, back to the Boss MD-2 with tone controls.

More to come.

Larry Behm

[This message was edited by Larry Behm on 04 September 2004 at 10:28 AM.]

Paddy Long

Christchurch, New Zealand
Post  Posted 2 Sep 2004 1:04 pm    

HI Larry, yes I noticed that with my Matchbro as well - much cleaner and fatter sounding with BB.

Larry Behm

Mt Angel, Or 97362
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2004 9:28 am    

Good news, everyone heard a difference, (for the better) this weekend with the BB. My wife (Patti) said she could hear more notes, that she had not heard before. This represents a cleaner clearer presentation especially in the low end.

So Brad you will not be getting this unit back so you can bank the money.

If you buy one you will have to change the tone setting on your amp/effects units if you want to keep the sound you are use to hearing. The only difference will be a smoother presentation overall, better string separation,, less shrillness in the highs, AND THE DESIRE TO PLAY YOUR BUTT OFF AGAIN.
That should be worth the money right there.

Thanks Brad
Larry Behm

Mike Winter

Portland, OR
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2004 5:51 pm    

Yuppa...I can second that emotion. Larry was cutting through just fine last night. It seems that I too, heard more distinct tones than I have heard before. Those of you that know Larry, know that he is always "In Search Of The Lost Chord." I think you may have found it buddy. I don't know if you need to improve what I heard last night. Whatever configuratione of gear you were using worked...it was great and you were "there."

Larry Behm

Mt Angel, Or 97362
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2004 6:27 pm    

Things sounded so good I hated to use some of my effects, they took the focus away from the pure steel tone. Coming from me this is saying something because when it is appropriate I use my effects.

Larry

Eric West

Portland, Oregon, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2004 9:16 pm    

Maybe its not all that gear.

Maybe it's not that plexiglass wall between him and the most likely to perform an endo telecaster (or strat) I have ever done years next to..

Definitely, it's in SPITE of the music stand that makes those of us curious enough to see if he's really playing stand behind him.

I've known him and called him my friend for the whole twenty five years he's been playing there.

It's one thing:

LARRY

I think he's a Scorpio...

[This message was edited by Eric West on 05 September 2004 at 10:18 PM.]