The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  PROFEX II Question Mike Brown?!?!?!?!?
Robbie Bossert

WESCOSVILLE,PA,U.S.A.
Post  Posted 24 May 2004 6:41 am    

I've been having a problem storing programs in the User banks. It seems like some of the banks are missing. For example: Let's say that I'm trying to store the Twin Effect in user bank 1. Than, the dobro effect in user bank 2. Well, the store function seem to be working until I check out the effects that I've just tried to store. The twin effect is in bank 1 but the dobro effect isn't in bank 2. In fact, in some cases, it skips over banks. I'll be in bank 1, arrow up one time and it's at bank 6! Where did the other banks go? Is there a way to just reset the whole unit? HELP!!!!!!!!

Robbie Bossert

Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 24 May 2004 11:36 am    

Thanks for your question, Robbie. To reinitialize the Profex II, press the PLAY and GLOBAL buttons simultaneously and plug the power supply into the unit. Hold the two buttons for about 2 seconds and release. This procedure will restore the Profex II to factory settings. CAUTION; THIS WILL ERASE ANY CUSTOM PRESETS THAT YOU HAVE CREATED.

To help you understand an overview of the Peavey Profex II, Tubefex, Transtube Fex or Session 2000. The above units have two banks of 127 presets. Bank A is in RAM, bank B is in ROM. Bank A can be edited and stored in bank A. Bank B cannot be edited. With the use of a Peavey Cache Card 32 or equivalent RAM card, you can have the access to 127 more presets, that can be remapped to bank A.

There is only two "banks", and a third bank can be accessed off of the RAM card. A preset can be remapped from the RAM card as well.

I suspect a leaky internal battery, so please have a qualified tech to check it for leaks and replace as necessary. But, I'm just guessing.

If I can be of further assistance, please let me know. I can be reached toll free in North America at 1-877-732-8391.

Mike Brown
Peavey Electronics Corporation

Ken Fox

Nashville GA USA
Post  Posted 24 May 2004 6:29 pm    

Just another guess, it souods like a "mapping" error. It may appear at times you have lost a favoite preset. If the cursor is moved under the preset name area, you will be changing what is stored at that user location when using the up and down arrows! A common mistake and easily undone. Just move the cursor onder the name area and use the arrows to put back what was supposed to be there. Then move the cursor back to the left.

Mike brings up another good point, look at the battery and make sure it is not leaking. That can cause some real grief as well. Just remove the top (six screws, 1 front, 1 rear and two on each side. It's easy! Just have a look inside at the battery that is soldered to the circuit board.

[This message was edited by Ken Fox on 01 June 2004 at 06:45 AM.]

Robbie Bossert

WESCOSVILLE,PA,U.S.A.
Post  Posted 27 May 2004 5:22 pm    

Hey Mike And Ken, Thanks for the advice. I'll try the re-set first and go from there.

Robbie Bossert

Robbie Bossert

WESCOSVILLE,PA,U.S.A.
Post  Posted 1 Jun 2004 5:38 am    

Hey Mike And Ken, I reset the profex as instructed. SO far, so good. Everything is staying where I store it. We'll see how it plays out.

Thanks Guys,

Robbie Bossert

Mike Brown

Post  Posted 1 Jun 2004 6:40 am    

Great. Thanks for your advice Ken.

Buddy Castleberry

HAWKINSVILLE GA USA - R.I.P.
Post  Posted 9 Jun 2004 9:35 am    

ANOTHER REASON USER PROGRAMS SEEM TO
DISAPEAR IS BECAUSE THE CURSOR MAY
BE UNDER THE A LIKE AI OR A2
TO CORRECT THIS MOVE THE CURSOR OVER
TO THE NAME LIKE HUGHEY 1 PUT THE CURSOR UNDER THE H .THIS WILL LET YOU SCHROLL
THE USER SECTION LIKE U1 U2 U3

HELLO MIKE BROWN ,CORRECT ME IF I,M WRONG
ON THIS

BUDDY CASTLEBERRY

Mike Brown

Post  Posted 10 Jun 2004 5:37 am    

You're right Buddy. I remember when I posted that I was going to mention that, but I guess I forgot. It's just old age I guess.