The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Session 2000 ? Mike Brown
Paddy Long

Christchurch, New Zealand
Post  Posted 10 May 2004 1:07 pm    

Mike, a friend of mine dropped his session 2000 over to me because it was cutting out again while he was playing - last time this happened I pulled out the amp head and reseated all the 'red' connectors and anything else that looked like it was loose and it seemed to fix the problem. Now the amp won't work at all - the signal from the steel is getting through because the clipping light still functions but nothing is coming from the speaker - all the other lights and displays still function, and the speaker still has a slight, but very quiet hum - just enough to know that the speaker is ok. The guy has had this amp since new and only uses it at home - not surprisingly he is a bit frustrated with it. I don't think anybody out here would know how to fix it so should he send it back to you at the factory to be checked out ???? I suggested he send just the amp head rather than the whole unit to save on freight costs. What do you think ??

Thanks in anticipation.

Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 12 May 2004 5:42 am    

The Session 2000 is essentially a computer. I recommend that you ship the chassis only(approximately 10 lbs.or so) to the factory. Please include a copy of this post and your daytime phone number.

I also need the tracking number of the carrier/shipping company to determine when it will arrive here at Peavey. I can be contacted at (601)483-5365, then select "Customer Services".

I look forward to taking care of this for you.

Mike Brown
Peavey Electronics Corporation

Paddy Long

Christchurch, New Zealand
Post  Posted 12 May 2004 12:49 pm    

Thanks Mike, I will pass this info on to the chap that owns the amp, and assist him in getting it all to you.

thanks for your advice. Paddy