The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Hilton foot vol.
Grayson Joe

Raleigh,Ms.39153
Post  Posted 2 May 2004 10:52 am    

i have a new Hilton about 8 months old and it free falls and want stay up on its own, the side screws are secure? what seems to be the problum? this started about a week back.

------------------
Joe Grayson,Monticello ms

Ron Whitworth

Yuma,Ariz.USA Yeah they say it's a DRY heat !!
Post  Posted 2 May 2004 11:04 am    

Joe;
You can contact Keith & he can help you or you can read this thread & he is telling someone else how to properly adjust inside for the same problem...Ron
http://steelguitarforum.com/Forum11/HTML/005070.html

Keith Hilton

248 Laurel Road Ozark, Missouri 65721
Post  Posted 2 May 2004 1:07 pm    

Joe, thanks for using my volume pedal. Your problem is extremely easy to solve, let me explain; Take the hinge bolts out and separate the top and bottom half of the pedal. Inside the pedal there are only two things that move, a piece of plastic and a spring that is hooked to the plastic. These two pieces make up the clutch system that holds the pedal in place when you remove your foot. There is an aircraft lock nut holding the piece of plastic. The problem is the aircraft lock nut is holding the piece of plastic to tight and not allowing the spring to pull back on the plastic. To fix the problem, just turn the aircraft lock nut 3/4 of a turn the opposite way a clock goes. This will loosen the tension the nut is putting on the plastic and allow the spring to pull back on it. Real simple to fix. Hope this information helps. Let us know if you get it fixed.

Grayson Joe

Raleigh,Ms.39153
Post  Posted 2 May 2004 2:17 pm    

Thanks Keith for your help, this fixed the problum, your pedal is the best in action and tone and too, you are always there to help fix the problum. thanks, Joe Grayson

------------------
Joe Grayson,Monticello ms

John Hawkins

Onalaska, Tx. on Lake Livingston * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 2 May 2004 3:28 pm    

Grayson,

Keith is and always will be , one of the KINGS of customer service, if needed .

His volume pedal invention is second to NONE and those that currently own a Hilton Volume Pedal( I own two---one for a spare that has never been needed to replace the low profile one I've use regularly for many months with ZERO problems) will confirm ,that it is a GREAT volume pedal that gives the steel player an EXACT tone / sound transfer from Guitar to Pre-Amp / Amp with NO auditable hum of any kind . What comes out of your Steel is what you will get . There is N0 TONE CHANGE AS WITH OTHER TYPES with these pedals .

Keith has a good'un going with this invention !!!!!

John

David Mullis

Rock Hill, SC
Post  Posted 2 May 2004 7:15 pm    

I'll second what John says, a superior product and outstanding customer service. Keith went way over and above my expectations.