The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Peavy Nashville 400 ?
Matt Prewitt

New Mexico, USA
Post  Posted 30 Dec 2000 7:35 pm    

I need help! I was given this amp and told if I wanted to fix it I could use it. Sent it to the fine folks at Peavy and after talking to the rep, he said if he didn't know better he thought lightning hit it. Well never the less they fixed it and returned to me. After the board back in the case, I turned it on to hear what sounds like a torn speaker. That BB's bouncing around sound. I don't see any splits or cracks in the speaker cone. Is this the speaker or since I don't know anything about this amplifier, am I not adjusting something properly? any suggestions are very welcome.

Tom Ward

Port Charlotte, FL 33952
Post  Posted 30 Dec 2000 11:12 pm    

Matt, I'd say your assessment is probably correct...especially since Peavey didn't have your amp with the speaker to check out. One sure test would be to run it thru another speaker (same type as the bad one). Just make sure it's the same impedence (ohms) and watt rating. Good luck!

Lee Baucum

McAllen, Texas (Extreme South) The Final Frontier
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2000 2:31 pm    

Matt - I don't believe Peavey would have sent the amp back to you unless it was in good working order. It's bound to be the speaker.

Lee, from South Texas

Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 3 Jan 2001 8:00 am    

Hello Matt,
Please be aware that if it turns out to be a blown speaker, that you don't have to replace the complete speaker, but only the replacement basket. I recommend the 1501-4 BW "shallow basket". The item number is 00027020 and can be purchased at your local authorized Peavey dealer.